Trail Tech Voyager

We are planning some trips up North while I have time, so I decided to pull the trigger and purchase a Trail tech Voyager, so I ordered the one specific to fit a Banshee, anyone have experience with one, I suppose the main questions I have are all the options, temp sensor, wheel magnet hook up, and power. I don't know if I really need all the included bs hooked up, more interested in the easiest and best way to run it to power unless someone has actually hooked up all the features that it has without junking up a bunch of wires, the harness and everything else, and what I would actually need to just run it for trails, besides obviously power and the GPS maps which I already loaded all I'll need around Michigan.

Thanks for any input

• 2 weeks later...

I figured an easy way to power the system, trail tech responded to my question regarding power to the system through the coil, switch or any other locations, really not possible without a voltage regulator, fuses, or just about anything else I've read all over including 12v battery conversions. So easiest way I found is this.

The system needs 12v or so to operate, so being into Rc cars as well I purchased a terengy 12v NIMH battery pack, small, compact, easy to mount basically anywhere. I already had the wall charger, but the actual battery in the Voyager can be charged with my Rc charger quickly with an adapter I built. I put deans plugs on the battery pack, and one end of the power wire. Ran the power wire from the front to just behind the air box, my bike doesn't have a coolant bottle behind the box, and it gives me easy access to the battery. I used a very small padded box and mounted it on top of the grommets where the over flow bottle sat. Charged the battery, plugged it in, perfect. I basically turned the system to full on, no delays, no auto shut off to conserve power and ran the bike. Everything works, I even let it sit for days in on mode to see how long it would last, after 2 days it switched over to internal battery power, good enough. Charging is simple, set my charger to NIMH settings, charges the battery in about 10 minutes or so, also recharges the internal battery and done. I thought about mounting a small 12v 1 or 2s hard case lipo but NIMH batteries are more stable, easier to charge, store, and take abuse without risk of puffing, so for now, this seems to work. You can mount the battery pretty much anywhere you want, there are numerous charging options, I just wanted a rear location, and already had peak charger's with options to charge any battery from nicd to lipo batteries, peaked, balanced with maintenance functions, I actually used a x6 from hobby people we have as a back up, it's small, cheap and runs off either AC or DC power with a ton of options, and they're cheap, like 20 dollars without an AC adapter, which is just a laptop power supply of using it inside.

• Like 1

My Vapor is just hooked up to the Always hot side of the head light wiring. You can tap in to the switch or the yellow wire / bullet connector coming out of the stator.

I do have problems with mine blinking out and resetting if I run B8ES plugs. I have no issues when running BR8ES plugs. The resistor plug eliminates the interference that causes it to glitch. I am also running a Nology coil so that may have contributed to part of my issue as well.

• 3 years later...

has someone experience with Lithium ion batteries? but these thingies have no "memory effect", so i'm not sure about that, if a Speedometer could run with it. I have no battery installed too and my plan is, to run my Trail Tech Endurnance II with such a battery at least, because it is small and no further alterations on the rear fender is needed. i have also four frickin winkers and an extra backlight installed, because it is a must have. you can install that 12V ion battery like any other motorcycle battery and connect to the Stator/regualtor, but also standalone and later recharged with a charger if power is low. what are your thoughts on this solution?

123.jpg.d1f5c2fb0e65bc134d478cea734c6c7b.jpg

Edited by Qliphoth