New owner in WA

Looks like 280 jets. Tinkered a little. The carbs were way out of sync. Idle mix screws were way different. Need to order a jet set yet.

55156174c9f8b07b2321e024798bed0d.jpg

Considering going back to the air box, I plan to do a lot of local riding. Some of it may be wet.

Ran it a little. To hear it run.

bd436186bec3bb2bbd5eb22fcd6c8219.jpg

e0f3238776c4798ffaf227aa9adb2c46.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Deezil

Deezil, run the pods directly off your carbs! I run my bikes in the same type of wet, woods terrain and snow. Just be cognizant that your not running your bike through 4' of water. Wet weather riding like in the rain and mud does not effect my pods, nor did a 2 hour ride in 25" of snow back in January!

Edited by Big Mike NY

Deezil, run the pods directly off your carbs! I run my bikes in the same type of wet, woods terrain and snow. Just be cognizant that your not running your bike through 4' of water. Wet weather riding like in the rain and mud does not effect my pods, nor did a 2 hour ride in 25" of snow back in January!

Ok, I will leave it as it is then. Thanks!  I hope I can figure out how to make it run right.  I noticed the pilot jet says 25 on it... I think the jet set I have coming has some bigger ones.

Plugs still seem rich to me, Ill try to get a running video soon to help.

Thanks a bunch.

Ok, with no TORS its 100x better, but still seems to be RICH, so I stopped and put the needles onto the center position, they were 1 from the top of the needle, seemed to help a little with throttle response, but still seems sloppy rich in the midrange, but if you can hold full throttle long enough it will clean up..  Do I keep going up with the needle and turning in the idle mixture screws?

280 main jets, 25 the pilot jet says on it. idle screws about 1.25 out

Midrange sounds rich. when you say you move the c clip on the needle, did you raised the NEEDLE, or lower the needle in the tube of the carb, (not the slide), Fresh premium fuel, and good oil, 40 :1?

In hindsight I think I went the wrong way... I lowered the clip to center, so it RAISED the needle, I think I need to put the clip all the way at the end of the needle.  Right? Midrange is retarded rich, cant get it to clean up.