What bike is good for the wife?

I say banshee.  Started my wife out on one at Sandlake, and never looked back.  Its a waste to get something that she'll struggle to keep up on.

20160422_135748.jpg

Just need to change tank and radiator shroud, and it'll be finished.

Edited by pp13bnos

I say banshee. Started my wife out on one at Sandlake, and never looked back. Its a waste to get something that she'll struggle to keep up on.

20160422_135748.jpg

Just need to change tank and radiator shroud, and it'll be finished.

That's not SL Oregon!

Beauty and the beast...

Mine is on a Raptor 250. That has worked well as she has limited experience. My girls are almost old enough to ride it now too, so it serves multiple purposes for us.

Raptor 250, Z400/400EX, Banshee in that order depending upon experience and ability, IMO.

Seems logical, I would agree. She pretty much said the same thing last night when I brought up getting her a banshee. Said she would probably be better off on a 400 to get the fundamentals down first, then get something more powerful. Made sense. I was just anxious to get another shee lol Edited by controls77

Seems logical, I would agree. She pretty much said the same thing last night when I brought up getting her a banshee. Said she would probably be better off on a 400 to get the fundamentals down first, then get something more powerful. Made sense. I was just anxious to get another shee lol

no point in fucking around. She controls the bike. What does the power matter.

My ex learned to shift and basics on a kx 85.

Banshee next.

I told her, it only goes fast if you make it. It only wheelies if you make it.

It's not some out of control thing that your strapped to.

• Like 6

^^^^ very good point! There is a video floating around of a 13 year old kid on a banshee, and he's smooth on the throttle shifting through gears, you control the ride what it is! Like a 7 sec street car. Yes it will go 7.50 @ 190mph, but you can also drive it light to light and turn and stop..

Weird analogy but that's what I thought of.

Hey my very first bike I learned to ride on was my 1986 TRX 250R! At 13 years old I learned everything on my TRX, clutch control, shifting, leaning, turning, uphill positioning, downhill wheelies, donuts.. It's what you make of it!

no point in fucking around. She controls the bike. What does the power matter.

My ex learned to shift and basics on a kx 85.

Banshee next.

I told her, it only goes fast if you make it. It only wheelies if you make it.

It's not some out of control thing that your strapped to.

This ^^^ you only go as fast as you want to.
  • Like 2

Blaster, raptor 250, or one of the 400 thumpers from Honda or Kawi/Zuki. You can put her on a banshee but they don't handle well and beat you up a bit if the suspension isn't done. If you are serious about wanting her to enjoy it, make sure she is on a comfortable ride.

• Like 1

I think getting your wife involved in riding is a great idea and could lead to a lifetime of fun for you and the family. But it is definitely a two edged sword. Do it right and you'll not only have some good times with her, but you'll have her understanding and support when it's time for new pipes, tires, engine mods, another bike, etc. Do it wrong and she'll resent every penny you spend and every minute you're out riding.

From what you've said it sounds like she has little or no riding experience.

If you expect her to be right behind you as you blast down some trail you're likely to look back and see her stopped. When you get back to her she'll have her helmet off and tell you she wants to go home. By that point, you're screwed.

Take it slow and make it fun!