My mx/trail 50th anniversary build

I'm going to have to cut my fenders like that to fit my CPI's too!

Take your time and notch the fender. I've done it many times for the CPI's and looks clean. Only pics I have of my last one.

3b6415f36fe58e06a33aec21108fa460.jpgd570b5d3458a62931fddc8d03beb43ec.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks guys! Hoping to wrap this fucker up by tonight. Agreed extended swingarms look good but handle like total shit imo. If you ever rode one with a neg length the handling diff is crazy. It makes the bike feel more balanced and a lot lighter in the air too. Depends what your doing with it though

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

8e1c3be06764f4f39ff75559528ba4c8.jpg

Trying out some slps. First impression is they fit like shit with bigger carbs (33 pwks) and a manifold that raises the carbs off the clutch arm. I have a chariot intake which is awesome and had to do some muscling to fit these things on. The left side was hitting the carb and the cool head so I put a half inch spacer behind the front frame mount to space it off the engine/carb and a hose clamp to the frame to pull it off the gas line. Again the carb issue is prolly from the raised manifold. The right side was hitting the frame rail/support running down to the bottom of the chassis so I did the same with a half inch spacer and it was good. Then I had to try to get the mounts to line up for the silencer. Ended up having to drill the lower mount out a little to line up and really push on the silencer to get it to mount to the grab bar hole. With an after market grab bar the hardware they provide is useless and you will need longer bolts. And as far as not needing pipe clamps that’s bs you need some type of silicone clamp on there to prevent exhaust leaks at the head/silencer connection. They don’t even slip in all way when mounted. All said and done after fitment issues which I haven’t heard of yet, I do like the pipes. They do what they are advertised to do. Move the powerband down the rpm range and get back on the pipe quicker. I dont feel like they fall off early just different from cpis or other similar pipe. Kinda feel like the “top end pipes” are more thrilling while the slp are more useful for my application anyway. These are pipes you have to try for yourself and decide if they are for you. They do rip though not knocking them in any way like I said just different. All in all I’m keeping them on for a while and will switch back in a few months to get a good feel which I like better.

On 2/24/2017 at 6:09 PM, Brooklyn350 said:

c4f3bea39aeebd3a879546783edb8116.jpg

Dude, that shit is dope nasty.

12 minutes ago, sheerider11 said:

Good to know, I'm tempted to trafe my CPI for some nice PT or slp.
Change my shocks around swap carbs and take the banshee xc racing

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Get DMCs. They fuckin rule.

I need that bumpa!!

good input on the slps. I experienced those fitting issues too on mine.  Rear stingers where they went into the silencers rubbed against sub frame pretty bad.  It wasn't a show bike so I didn't care, but yeah other than that, that's right on, they def fit a particular riding style.  I will say that I LOVED my slps in the sand because they make power so quick (and wheelie like a mother) which is nice having some bottom end power in the sand so you don't have to ring its neck the whole time while you ride and tire your self out.  Honestly FMFs are VERY comparable to Slps as far as when the power is delivered, but slps hit much harder.

Edited by Ayesully810

i love my SLPs

you are correct they take some elbow grease to get fitted.  I left all the bolts loose until i had all of them started and then tightened them down. 

I have no leak where the stinger meets the header though.  and your carb issue is due to your spacers, because i have stock boots, no spacer, and aftermarket carbs with no issues.  

i added a tooth to the front sprocket because they had so much more bottom end, that i could use the torque.