My mx/trail 50th anniversary build

• 3 weeks later...

Cpis went on like a dream! Easiest pipes I've ever put on. I don't know if they did some retooling or what because all you read about on here is how shitty they fit. Anyway warmed it up real good and took it down the road def rich right now but came back to an empty radiator and a crankcase spewing milk. Spoke to cam because i was worried about overheating the rad wasn't even hot sucked it clean. It didn't run too long though maybe 5 min warmup and a short shot up the road and back maybe a little past half throttle at most. He said he wouldn't worry about it so I'm not and he threw me a couple of water pump seals for free. Great dude!!

d785749ecf67db87ed5beabcf13bab8c.jpg6f957637c04b9368a0f956065ce3331b.jpg

Back in action round 2. Got another heat cycle in and the seal held this time. Must have got a little crooked when I put the last one in gotta be careful with those things. Heavy grease this time when I pressed it in gotta stick it in nice a wet . Leaned it out one clip on the needle going to see how she rides in the midrange and then get to the top end after a couple of more heat cycle and up the road runs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I did it with cardboard cutouts and the transferred it to to steel. The hoop is never moving I don't know if that's the best thing because somethings gotta give but I hope I don't have to find out. Anyway up the front and then behind the stock shitty brace is where you want them if you can make the pics out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks yeah as far as I can tell it rides real sweet but haven't gotten down and dirty yet. Still going easy my jetting has been real rich on the pilot I have 35 pwk air strykers and they call for small pilots because of the strong signal strength so I'm going down to 35s and that should do it. Midrange feels monstrous on cel needles middle clip and top end I haven't touched yet. Def going to be a fun bike on a -1 swingarm. I will say the wcr pro mod Tranny feels ridicoulsly smooth when I shift I find myself double checking it's so smooth, I have to get used to it. Other than that I can't wait beat the shit out of it I cheated with the first couple of heat cylcles taking it up the road once it really warmed up good then cooled it down. I know the Pistons have to heat up and take shape of the bore but I don't agree with idling a bike for 15 mins 3 times and cooling down, that's almost an hour of run time on the rings at idle.

• 2 weeks later...

Air strykers suck imo just ordered regular pwk . I've been having tuning the a/s and having trouble with my chariot bowls can't get one of them to seal against the carb. Chariot is an awesome guy though sent me a new bowl upon the exchange of the one I couldn't get sealed up. Still having trouble with the one bowl though don't know if it's the carb but the stock bowl seals up fine. Anyway that's where I'm having second thoughts on my jetting because I'm running a chariot intake and now I'm now 100 percent confident in the o ringing built in crossover. It might be leaking air idk but I got up to 175 on the mains and it was still iffy on the plugs. Even Though redline leak down tested the intake I officially don't trust the o rings anymore and maybe believe I had a slight leak upon full throttle causing me jetting issues but not taking any chances a/s either going to go with a proven formula so I know I'm good . Anyway I'm getting rid of the crossover bullshit and running the straight chariot intake which is an awesome piece and waiting on my regular pwk 35s to get this thing tuned. Again chariot makes awesome products not knocking them just had a little trouble and want to eliminate any weak links.