full build advise

tonytee71

just got my first banshee.ive had some of the biggest baddest streetbikes,dirtbikes and fourwheelers,  that I built from the ground up,but ive never even riddin a banshsee.this is a project ive been wanting for a long time

current motor broke a rod and has been sitting in the weather for some time with no heads on it.the bike was all stock.

I ride mostly ruff trails and public road.im 100% respectable on the road but fuck you officer and your tickets.good luck.im into drag racing,drifting and some mx too.i want something that's beast with it reliable and wanting to keep on a 2000 budgit.so here my thoughts

wiseco 4 mill stroker crank

wiseco pistons not sure on bore size

coolheads

lightened flywheel

advanced timing

vf3 reeds

single carb setup not sure what size

k&n

toomys t5

bikes gonna get stretched and widened.i need advise on a arms axel and stretch size please

Like said above, go hot rods. Are you planning on getting the cylinders ported for the 4mil? Might want to look at other pipes. Don't do a single carb. Stick to dual carbs. Also don't do a lightened flywheel if you do trails and mx. Go with vf4 not vf3. Plan on spending 2000 on just the motor. Add at least another 2000 on a arms, swing arm and shocks

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

Damm,I thought would of did better then that.all i remember from messing with 2 strokes dirtbikes back in the day was wiseco was ALWAYS GOOD SHIT!!!I thought hotrods cranks where made by wiseco actually.i just seen a full rebuild wisco rebuild 4 mill kit on ebay kit for like 650 best deal on a budget.single carb set up seemed more reliable and easier to tune.im not riding interstate traffic.its all about acceleration that count right?i work on my own shit.i remeber when i was like 4,i always remember toomies as probaly the best but i was always on dirtbikes and i was a procircut man.i think id rather a stretch now just cause its cool,i dont ride much any more.

Damm,I thought would of did better then that.all i remember from messing with 2 strokes dirtbikes back in the day was wiseco was ALWAYS GOOD SHIT!!!I thought hotrods cranks where made by wiseco actually.i just seen a full rebuild wisco rebuild 4 mill kit on ebay kit for like 650 best deal on a budget.single carb set up seemed more reliable and easier to tune.im not riding interstate traffic.its all about acceleration that count right?i work on my own shit.i remeber when i was like 4,i always remember toomies as probaly the best but i was always on dirtbikes and i was a procircut man.i think id rather a stretch now just cause its cool,i dont ride much any more.

welcome to BHQ moron

just got my first banshee.ive had some of the biggest baddest streetbikes,dirtbikes and fourwheelers,  that I built from the ground up,but ive never even riddin a banshsee.this is a project ive been wanting for a long time

current motor broke a rod and has been sitting in the weather for some time with no heads on it.the bike was all stock.

I ride mostly ruff trails and public road.im 100% respectable on the road but fuck you officer and your tickets.good luck.im into drag racing,drifting and some mx too.i want something that's beast with it reliable and wanting to keep on a 2000 budgit.so here my thoughts

wiseco 4 mill stroker crank

wiseco pistons not sure on bore size

coolheads

lightened flywheel

advanced timing

vf3 reeds

single carb setup not sure what size

k&n

toomys t5

bikes gonna get stretched and widened.i need advise on a arms axel and stretch size please

If you want a Banshee to be "Good" at all of the above types of riding, your best bet is to keep it stock and spend some money on suspension and brakes.  You can't have it all.  That is why i have 2 dirtbikes and 2 quads.  Stock Banshee is a jack of all trades master of none.  It was never sold as a woods quad or mx, not a dune quad or hillclimber etc.  It was sold a "Fun machine" and at that, it's probably the best.

My advise: Decide what you want it to be "Great" at and build that quad.  Unless your exceptionally skilled and in great physical shape, don't bother building an MXer out of it.

I've built a play/trail quad out of mine.  Stock size internals, Cool head, +2 degrees on the timing.  Pro Design high flow single air filter and spigot, Snorkel removed from the airbox but left lid on with a few holes drilled. Trinity airbox adapter (crap.  I had to port the hell out of it and the plastic of the airbox to get ride of the flat edge showing)

2 into 1 carb Trinity with PWK35 carb.  I have no doubts that this will cost topend on a modified Banshee.  I will say going to this from stock carbs cost me nothing but money.  It did exactly what they advertise.  It increased throttle response, added some much needed bottom end, and increased topend HP (butt dyno anyhow). I've jetted many bikes with PWK carbs, this was by far the most difficult to reign in.  VERY pilot and needle sensitive.   

+2+1 a-arms and Works triple rate w/res shocks (there are much better out there now but these are still a great upgrade to stock)

yfz450 front brakes with Streamline braided lines all around.

2014+ yfz450 pegs are a near bolt on and move the pegs back 1.5".  (This was a huge change. Puts the pegs were they are placed on most modern quads plus I'm 6'5")

Rear shock sprung and re-valved for my 250lbs

I have 3 swingarms. -1.5" is my preference for all but hillclimbing.  Stock works well everywhere (provided you move the pegs back) and +2 for the sand drag and hillclimb trips.

Tusk axle,jl swing arm,alba arms,brakelines & used shocks put me close to $2,000. You might want to increase your budget if your looking to have a decent banshee. You might be better off looking for a cheap banshee with the most after market on it already & go from there.