Premix and the cold

Craig B

I am using VP C-12 & 927 @ 32.1. Now that the weather is in the 20's here i'm having trouble with this mixture clogging up the pilot jets and will not stay running unless the chokes are on. Is it the 927 or the VP? Never had a problem when it was warmer. Thanks.

927 will definitely not be a good choice for cold weather. It gel's up in carb jets/orfices & seperates from fuel at freezing temps.

For a long while I was in to Amsoil, but after speaking with a lot of guys in to Two Stoke snowmobiles, I have switched to Blendzall with awesome results!

curious... while on subject... what was the guys opinions on the amsoil?  i dont run it anymore personally as I only ran it in my srx's due to the Power valves likely to gum up....

I like the castor based oil better. Klotz and 927. But in this case I will try out the Amsoil and see how it goes.

will admit... the 2stroke oil they have is great...  ive ran my bike stupid rich and it still burned the fuel clean no fouling plugs.... ive swapped to a different synthetic blend for 1 run and my bike started to spit fuel and foul plugs with no change in temp or elevation...  i guess the upside is.. i knew i was overly rich... but the sinto stuff really is impressive.

No build up or res.. I bet would of worked perfectly in valve based motors....   it also has additives that pro long fuel life and prevents separation.

Yup!!

I have no doubt that some other brand of oil works good too, but i always had good results with Sinto.

Depends on the bike.....I will only use castor 927 in my 1978 yz250-----yes it will separate and sink to the bottom, if the gas valve is left on the carb bowls will fill with the castor....ensure to turn fuel valve off, shake bike before next ride to mix.......the old motor loves the sticky bean oil!