Pipes for serval

tfaith08

I spoke with Cam at Redline and I'm sending my engine out around the first of Feb.  I need to figure out what pipes to run.

Engine will be a 421 race gas serval ported for MX, 33mm PWKs, VF4s.  Cam recommended CPI over Shearers for this build, but also said that I may want to research other pipes depending on what I want as far as power delivery.  Any recommendations?

See if anyone has a set of SLP and snipers to send to sweet home so he can dyno them all with your engine. That should clear any doubts. I think if sniper would of did big bore in frames, ida tried a set for my serval. Then again, it's not like ill be able to use nearly all the power it makes as is.

I think there was a dyno sesssion where all these pipes were tested back to back in the dyno section.

edit* founds this in a quick search http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?/topic/158181-421-serval-pipe-test/

I'm more concerned with a wide powerband. I want it to pull down low (hence serval and race gas) as well as up high.

If I knew I could rev the SLPs up to about 10.5, I'd run them.

I may bite the bullet and try them, but I don't want to blow through too much money. I'd like to have some SLPs but I've never seen any used for sale. If I buy some to try, I'd lose out on at least $150 if I decided to sell them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd buy some if I could find someone to buy the SLPs for $100 less than what I paid if I decided to sell them after cam tested them. That information would be worth $100 for me.

Hell, I'll have $4500 in everything by the time I'm done, what's $4600 to make sure I'm getting the most out of it?

• Like 1

SNIPERS

FFS, no one listens to anything.

I'm listening, it's just that the link shows snipers making the same curve as shearers, only 5-15hp less throughout. Unless there's something significantly different since 2012, I don't think I follow.

There's more wiggle room with more rpm. If I'm off the right side of the bike and need it to keep pulling for another second or 2, that rpm difference may not allow me to keep accelerating.

I'd rather have a flatter curve than anything. Idc what makes that happen. Extra rpm is just a little nice at times.

I have used Shearers and presently run Snipers on a 4mil ported Serval. I've never had it on the dyno, but in my opinion the Snipers pull harder out of the bottom and up the curve. On top both pipes feel about the same. I have had many other people ride my quad and all of them agree that the Snipers do pull harder. Again this is only my opinion and I don't have any hard data to back this up, but I don't regret spending the extra money to buy the Snipers, it was worth it.