Lockup?

Craig B

Tricked i think you missed something.

Driveline and shearer sell this style. They have some longer grooves and dont dtay together when unbolted

http://drivelineperformance.com/yamaha-banshee-lock-up-clutch/

Gigot sells one with no long grooves but appear to bolt together for ease of assembly

http://gigotracing.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=53

I asked this question a week or so ago with no replies. There is a minor price difference also. What i stated above is just from the pics i have seen. Ive never used either.

I've ran both, but prefer my driveline. The different groove lengths don't make a drastic difference, but they do let you get a little more progression. Weight is where it's at. McMaster Carr has some interesting materials.....

I ran and still run this one: https://www.vitosperformance.com/atv_parts/product.php?productid=11328&cat=184&page=1

Im just posting that to show another example. I dont know if it's any worse or better than the others.

It says in the description that it's manufactured by driveline performance

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

So. On that style do you have to tip it over to assemble it on the engine?

Not really, I just drop the balls in the grooves, place the shims and springs on the inner hub, then I lay the cover plate on the pressure plate and pinch it together and set it on. Keep pressure on it and start the screws by hand. Zip them in with a socket style allen. But if you're messing with it at the track, it helps to throw it on it's side. Just make sure fuel is off...

Will the Hinson,Duncan/trinity style quick change cover work for a slingshot? Full access available. I like the idea of a slingshot over a lockup.

Tried a Duncan and it did not work because of the tabs they use to hold the outer cover on. In all reality, the finger style lock ups are quicker for changes. The slingshot is more aimed at setting it up and leaving it be IMO. That said, I love my Driveline Slingshot.

Tried a Duncan and it did not work because of the tabs they use to hold the outer cover on. In all reality, the finger style lock ups are quicker for changes. The slingshot is more aimed at setting it up and leaving it be IMO. That said, I love my Driveline Slingshot.

I concur with this.

Before I bought my Mattoon lockout I called Driveline to see if the slingshot would fit under my Duncan quick cover. Via measurements over the phone it wasn't going to work successfully.