Herr Jugs Racing

Jamesboyz banshee

After being here for a few years and seeing this happen over and over, why in the actual fuck would I ever spend money on having him build me an engine? sounds like a bad investment to me...why do I never hear anything bad about redline, fast, k&t, or anyone else for that matter? The fact I happen to be a machinist is irrelevant. Everybody starts spinning shit out of proportion until we are no longer talking about the main issuie at hand, which is the fact that there is a common issuie here weather you like it or not.

You took the bait!

..why do I never hear anything bad about redline, fast, k&t, or anyone else for that matter?

Not to mention the fact that the other builders make it right

So what you're sayin is you DO hear bad stuff about other builders....Way to contradict yourself. Anybody who doesn't have experience with herr has no place to talk good or bad about him. Watch from the sidelines, payaso.

• Like 1

The points I made were very clear and correct.  If I were interested in bashing people or businesses there are no shortage of ones who have it coming.  I do not because nobody is perfect.  My following point is also valid.  My belief is Kevin should be on here personally because forums really put a hurt on small businesses or they really help them.   Mistakes are made and maybe someone is not real good at communicating. 

Jerry 

I tend to agree. More than half of the people here can't read or communicate in any sort of businesslike fashion so they take to a forum where they know bashing will cause an uproar and hurt the business they think did them wrong.

Just send him your motor and all will be well.

already have, twice.

Damn, I was wondering about that.

HTF do you explain not getting squish right if the builder has your entire motor?

I thought maybe the motors that were pooched were ones sold as bolt-on and go kits with ported cyls, base gasket, crank, pistons and domes.

I'd assume it's hard to get squish perfect that way, but not impossible.

Anyone that has the proper tools to assemble crankshafts should have the tools to correctly measure and blue print the motor from the top case half to the tops of the cylinders and then get squish pretty gotdamn close!!

Granted the top case needs to be sent in for case matching, but when charged an additional price for the power gain the return is hard to justify.

Redline will case match free with any port job...

I don't want to be antagonistic because I surely need my customers but I want to be fair to Kevin as well.  If Kevin ported your cylinders and you had squish of .066 and you even changed domes with no change.  How was Kevin at fault in that?  Honest question and maybe I am not following the situation correctly.

Jerry

I don't want to be antagonistic because I surely need my customers but I want to be fair to Kevin as well. If Kevin ported your cylinders and you had squish of .066 and you even changed domes with no change. How was Kevin at fault in that? Honest question and maybe I am not following the situation correctly.

Jerry

If that's my engine you're referring to, (based on squish numbers it is) changing domes was the answer to fixing my overall squish yes, but did not fix my left to right variance. I swapped nothing more than a hot rods crank and my left to right is almost dead on and my overall squish went from 066 to 054. Same thickness base gaskets, same domes I started with.

If that's my engine you're referring to, (based on squish numbers it is) changing domes was the answer to fixing my overall squish yes, but did not fix my left to right variance. I swapped nothing more than a hot rods crank and my left to right is almost dead on and my overall squish went from 066 to 054. Same thickness base gaskets, same domes I started with.

Holy shit, that's huge possible crank pin centers and rod center to center length tolerance variances...

Holy shit, that's huge possible crank pin centers and rod center to center length tolerance variances...

And for the record my post started as asking why my banshee lacked power on my launches. Pages of posts later I was checking tolerances and everyone said my squish was way off. Now my bike pulls harder than ever and wheelies in 4th (on gravel) whereas before it would only come up in 3rd (also gravel)
  • Like 1

Damn, I was wondering about that.

HTF do you explain not getting squish right if the builder has your entire motor?

I never sent complete motors to Kevin, only two sets of cylinders. Never had a problem with squish in either set. Used his domes as well with both sets of cylinders.