Diesel Pickup Thread

87sheerips

Idk honestly. I think they're down on the front cover near the dampner. Seems like I replaced one down in there once.

What's up with the tranny? It should only be on #2 at the most with 212k.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Started as a small shift flair from third to fifth. Then it's a slow engage into first or reverse. All kinds weird shifting. Sometimes it hangs in gear for awhile and then tow haul light comes on. Figure direct clutch pac for sure. I replaced the direct clutch solenoid already.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm gonna PM you Rick.

Sounds like you've got a number of issues going on.

The tranny issue could be two things from my experience:

1) poor tuning (box tunes)

2) lack of traction bars

Cool. I have some custom innovative tunes that po said to run because of built tranny. Well that shifted extremely hard and on downshift would really hit two hard. Plus the tunes were wrote for some big injectors that he had in it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6.0s are lost causes, most of them anyway.

Not true.

The motor itself is a great motor.

The issues they develope are due to a poorly designed emissions equipment system.

The only other draw back to a 6.0 is that they must be maintained religiously. They will not tolerate neglect like other diesel motors will.

The design of the injectors will not tolerate dirty engine oil and the design of the fuel injection control module will not tolerate the batteries getting weak.

Delete the emissions equipment, Retune it with proper tunes and carefully maintain the motor and you will have a great truck.

All three manufacturers have had their share of emissions equipment causing motor issues.

I had one for a week that had 55k miles on it...it blew up and needed a whole new engine. I was in litigation for it for a little over 2 years. Last ford I will ever own.

That's a seriously unfortunate situation.

I can guarantee you that the issues developed with the previous owner (s) and occurred for the reasons I stated.

So did you get it resolved? What was the outcome?

That's a seriously unfortunate situation.

I can guarantee you that the issues developed with the previous owner (s) and occurred for the reasons I stated.

So did you get it resolved? What was the outcome?

Yes I did, what happened was...I went to a dealership and looked at this truck, it was a 2005 6.0 with 55,000 miles on it. I test drove it and all seemed well. Within the next 6 days I noticed atifreeze under the hood coming from the bottle, imidiatly I knew the head studs were stretched and the gasket was shot so I then took it to the dealership under warranty. It had a warranty from the dealership but it also had an aftermarket warranty through gardian. On my 50 mile trip to the dealership it started blowing white smoke (egr and oil cooler). They fixed those problems and told me I was filling the antifreeze too much (I wasnt). So within the next 2 days it was still spewing coolant so I took it to a dealership by me (I could take it wherever with the gardian warranty and I knew the head mechanic where I took it). So they pull the cab and realized the whole motor was fucked because it was driven for too long without being fixed. The brakes also went out on me on the way to the 2nd dealership. So they tore the cab off and went to work...when they estimated 17k for a new updated motor and labor the dealership where I bought it and the aftermarket warranty company pointed fingers at each other to fix it. Meanwhile I was paying 387 a month for a truck I couldn't drive so I quit paying for it and got another one. Bunch of bullshit happened in the 2 years but the end result was I got my money invested back they took the truck back and removed the defaulted loan from my credit and also paid my lawyers fees. Never again will I play that game.

Wow ^^^

That definitely sucks.

Glad to hear you were made whole again in the end. No fun to go through though.

Did you purchase the truck through a Ford dealer?

No I didn't...but I called them and bitched I also called the bbb to no avail. There's a lot more that happened in there too but I feel like I typed enough for you to get the picture lol. Never had a single issuie with my duramax!

No I didn't...but I called them and bitched I also called the bbb to no avail. There's a lot more that happened in there too but I feel like I typed enough for you to get the picture lol. Never had a single issuie with my duramax!

Yep, I get it.

Sounds like a bad faith claim against the warranty company.

Also sounds like the previous owner knew the truck was having issues and had found a way to cover them up enough to unload it for the next guy, you, to deal with.

Definitely a bad deal.

I come from a diehard GM family and the GM product/trucks do have qualities that are hard to beat in some areas.

That being said though we converted and now there are all Fords on both sides of my family and my wife's. Eleven different Power Strokes from 7.3' to 6.4's.

You can try and protect it. I ain't gonna get in a keyboard battle over it. I love ford. I have a 7.3 just replaced the starter and now gotta replace the front and rear mains because they're dripping oil. But saying that my trucks also about 14 years old. When you buy a 6.0 you're gambling on a good or bad choice. Whether you think so or not.

Edited by Gunner18

You can try and protect it. I ain't gonna get in a keyboard battle over it. I love ford. I have a 7.3 just replaced the starter and now gotta replace the front and rear mains because they're dripping oil. But saying that my trucks also about 14 years old. When you buy a 6.0 you're gambling on a good or bad choice. Whether you think so or not.

You are correct, buying a used one will be a gamble. Especially if it has some miles on it and was neglected. Very few have been problem free, there's no arguing it.

I felt the same way for years about the 6.0 and I avoided the idea of owning one completely.

I aquired a nice one due to a client owing me money. I ended up keeping the truck rather then selling it as we needed the truck more then the cash at the time.

We've experienced most of the typical 6.0 issues ourselves. Fortunately the issues very rarely result in a catastrophic failure, unlike the 6.4.

Once a guy learns the details and gains an understanding of why and how they fail and how to prevent the issues they usually change their mind.