Chariot Clutch Basket

With regards to aluminum backing plates - Under hard acceleration or when dumping the clutch on launch the pucks are mashed out of shape and widen. The pressure of them pushing out on the plate makes them bulge and eventually break.

Speaking on Jerry's (Chariot) behalf, I've always found him to be great to deal with and his products top notch.

The bushings are custom made for us to our specs. They are stronger than all but Mattoon as far as durometer. Durometer of Mattoon is barely higher. Tensile strength is greater with ours than any others. This is the most important spec.

As long as there not the marshmallow style Hinson ones I'm fine with that.

What alloy aluminum are these baskets made from?

Tensile strength is greater with ours than any others.  This is the most important spec.

Since you mentioned Tensile Strength and how it's the important spec.

It's also important to point out that at 212*F 6061-T6 has a tensile yield strength of 38,000 psi.

7075-T6 has a tensile yield strength of 65,000 psi and at 212*F.

We are using a 6061 t6511 that has a yield of 44,000 psi.  We have made baskets for other high horsepower bikes for past customers using the same stock from the same mill and with this hard anodizing and have been very happy with them.

Excellent!!

Is the cost of 7075-T651 the limiting factor in using that alloy instead?

6061 T6511 is not an inferior aluminum for this application.  The exact product we use is also an enhanced version  of your standard run of the mill 6061 t6511.  We use a very deep penetrating true Hard Coat anodizing as well and that is very important.  We have made baskets for other applications  with this material and it simply lasts.  It also good to point out that all the other good clutch baskets, except Mattoon, use 6061 t6511.  Some of them use lesser tempers than t6511 but not the good baskets.  Cost is more but not so much that it was a deciding factor.  These baskets will not fail.   If though there are enough people who just can't accept that we may have to use 7075 on the next run.  It won't be because of failures but because everyone has a boss.  Even I do, it is you, the customer!   

As always these baskets are guaranteed!

I see you are a loyal customer Strm Trpr and thank you!

Jerry