possible 4 mil build...

Loctite the flywheel nut.

Get a flywheel, clutch holder tool.

Gonna need an impact wrench to make life easier.

I never used loctite nor heard of it for the flywheel nut. Interesting. Id be scared it would not come loose. Even with a cheap impact gun, you do not need a clutch holder tool. An impact gun can take the nut off. And a penny between the gears on the clutch side will stop it from turning so you can TQ it down.

Edited by RagunCajun

Buy a complete used engine from here, find one RTR

i have been looking. nothing popping up that i have seen lately.

I get it, we can't compete with the myghty usa builder lol! The 2 strokes gods have their main base in usa!

Nobody know shit about 2 strokes here, nobody race snowmobile for decades, nobody race banshee on ice etc... It's just in the usa!

So laughable...

this isn't a USA better than Canada thread. but i will agree, if there is 1000 banshees in Canada, there are probably 30,000 in USA. if i was to set up a shop to specialize in banshee's in Canada, i would go broke pretty quick.

Takes a while to do the build. You'll soon have a mountain of packages sitting next to your dresser waiting for the day. Some of the must haves that come to mind that may have been discussed already.....

Port the cylinders.

Make sure to get the idle gear bushing mod done.

High flow water pump impeller.

Loctite the flywheel nut.

Get a flywheel, clutch holder tool.

Gonna need an impact wrench to make life easier.

I like the NOSS cool head, good to have extra O rings on hand.

Do the shift star mod its free.

I have stock clutch with the original basket. You can file the grooves that the clutch plates made to make shifting easier.

I used Permatex Ultra Gray for the case halves, make sure to put it on the crank seals too.... where they sit in the case and on the square key on the water pump side of crank.

Red loctite the head studs and case studs. Heat the studs up a bit to get them out using the double nutted technique.

I used that permatex gasket installer stuff it comes in a bottle and the stuff is red. Doesn't harden, oil, water, gas, coolant resistant.  I use it on the base gaskets and on all the O rings on the cylinder head.

May want to put new shift forks in.

I did all my trans mods myself. I used a bridge port to drill out the holes to install the bearings for shift shaft and shift drum. The gears are super hard and I had some else mod those for me. I don't need to use the clutch, but I do anyways.

Thats all I can think of for now....

Thanks for the info.

Thank you to everyone else. lots of info that is pointing me in right direction.

so many options out there for this great machine!

i have been looking. nothing popping up that i have seen lately.

this isn't a USA better than Canada thread. but i will agree, if there is 1000 banshees in Canada, there are probably 30,000 in USA. if i was to set up a shop to specialize in banshee's in Canada, i would go broke pretty quick.

Thanks for the info.

Thank you to everyone else. lots of info that is pointing me in right direction.

so many options out there for this great machine!

No problem man, but with that kind of reasonning we wouldnt buy anything from Canada...

No problem man, but with that kind of reasonning we wouldnt buy anything from Canada...

You buy from whoever has the best product, in this case US based banshee R&D.

I'm sure Canada has the superior putaine , or whatever it's called.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

I was in your shoes last year and researched a bunch of Canadian companies.  I ended up dealing with FAST and REDLINE to build my 4 mil.  The cost of the porting and parts when converted to CDN was essentially the same quotes (if not less) than for a CDN company to do it.  Like these guys are saying these shops specailized in banshees and i have no regrets using them.  If you end up sourcing parts throught the stated USE USPS NOT UPS.

• Like 1

I never used loctite nor heard of it for the flywheel nut. Interesting. Id be scared it would not come loose. Even with a cheap impact gun, you do not need a clutch holder tool. An impact gun can take the nut off. And a penny between the gears on the clutch side will stop it from turning so you can TQ it down.

I've had trouble with them before.  I had a KX85 and a Blaster that popped in the old shop with them loctited on and the threads were screwed on the Blaster and the KX would barely come off; I was scared I was gonna break something. 

I'm not even remotely joking when I say that it will act like a lubricant while wet and you will drastically overtighten the nut.  I've never had a problem witht he flywheel coming off on it's own if the threads were clean.

But we all know that USA is the way to go....If you want to be fast

Yeah, but i dont mind to be a little bit slower and give my money to a fellow Canadian (as long as the price is competitive). If i was racing and wanted to have the best? Maybe i would look at those usa shops, bug it's not the case.

Different strokes for different folks i guess.

Sended from the bottom of my hart

Edited by Glorfindel

The stock carbs and T6 pipes will hold the engine back. so there is that.

But for the engine, you will need at least the following:

welded and trued crank

pistons

Porting

Most likely bore and hone

Cool head with cut domes

pancake bearing

Modded trans (maybe pro-mod)

gasket/seal kit

How far are you from the border? Might be worth crossing to ship your engine to a builder then picking it up again in the US.

Stock carbs are just fine for a play 4 mil

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk