first quad. problem rights away.

yzf2yfz

Sad but true alot people donr mess with banshees cuz there so temperamental

This ignorance is just a blanket statement the mechanically Un inclined use to describe what they don't know/realize is fixed with just simple tuning and adjustments. You always hear that two strokes are supposed to foul plugs, not have low end, bla bla.... Just last night I sat through a guy telling me that his old 250R was race only and that unless you were wide open it would just foul plugs and shut off. <Nonsense!

People need to fucking Educate themselves and maybe their shit would run worth a damn. If you half ass it or never really fix something, how can I be expected to not be problematic.

The problem here is you had multiple people tell you to stop riding the bike and to check the jetting.

Then you post you rode it 20 miles today.

YOU'RE the one that is asking for help and then not taking it.

Talk more shit and see how far that gets you..

youre right man. i can accept the humility with my chin up. im in no postion to question your answers when you answer my questions. 

i decided to chain it to my porch and wait to ride till its in proper condition. i apologize. i just was excited from everything working out so well

i didnt want to hear that it needs to be re jetted. slept on it and felt like a dumbshit all day thinking about all you guys fussin on me. my bad. 

just to be clear you guys think its running lean if it was jetted for 3300ft above sea level right? im at about 1100 ft above SL. also when i was trying to climb a hill my rear got stuck and my left header was smoking..... i probably sound even more disiciple but that is what caused me to worry in the first place. might have been over sprayed wd40 when i wiped down the frame...

Edit: i rode those miles (max 20... it was speaking liberally,) before i was aware of all these responses. thats why i thought it might of been fine cuz it ran strong. but what do i know! you guys know your shit. im not doubting any longer.

Edited by yzf2yfz

Lol, people flame a new guy......but ignore fucks like imsoboard. When you ask a question, and get the answers from these guys...don't second guess shit. They really aren't being to hard on you. Every question you could ask has been answered in the past 100% truth. I read through so much info before I ever really posted. If your going to own a banshee learn everything you can about it! Basic knowledge isn't rocket science. Search around sit back, and read. A normal shop forget about it 80% of them guys working there don't mess with many 2strokes let alone banshees. I learned that shit the hard way.

Sent from your mammy house

hey man i appreciate the good cop approach lol i needed that. 

i really do plan to leave her alone till i get her healthy. i was being a dumbshit, and i come from a 4stroke streetbike that required minimum maintance. i knew banshees come with the alpha omega complex. running strong, but not for long. just my way to some it up. (compared to 4strokes in respect.) i traded for it with the wrenching and learning in the deal. i want to know it inside and out. eventually ill be there. thanks again

id also like to disclaim that i want to respect my machine and in return have it respect me the best it can. this thing is beautiful. it came from out west, no rust, perfect mods in my opinion. its just.... perfect. i want to keep it that way. im willing to not ride it...id rather fix something in the carb rather than fix something in the block.

finally figured it out, here she is. hope you guys like her as much as i do

edit: notice the back tires...thats why i got stuck on a hill...those will be replaced before i run it, along with the petcock oring.

post-49544-0-09574200-1429576707.jpg

Edited by yzf2yfz

It doesn't sound like anythings broken... Yet... Just needs some very minor adjustments ( lots of guys have to reject from morning to afternoon)

Once you do it, you'll feel great, but for a second you'll feel like a gigantic dummy for everyone r being scared of it in the first place

It doesn't sound like anythings broken... Yet... Just needs some very minor adjustments ( lots of guys have to rejet from morning to afternoon)

Once you do it, you'll feel great, but for a second you'll feel like a gigantic dummy for being scared of it in the first place

fixed. FFS Burke proof read your shit, I know what you're trying to say and I can't even tell what you're trying to say.

See, it's people like you that will give Banshees a bad rap. Don't know or care to learn about Banshees or two strokes in general.

Given advice, doesn't follow it.

You need to search and read up on leak-down tests, plug chop, just generally look at threads in the jetting section. You will learn tons about the subject. When a new thread comes up about jetting, follow it. Learn the process, see how the thread evolves.

In the jetting forum, read the sticky thread "What jets are you running" You may find a set-up simular to yours. Just know that no two machines are identical and may need slightly different jetting. Only you can determine what is right for your setup.

Also google search spark plugs, piston wash, and melted pistons.

BTW, a 2s always runs great just before they blow up. Lean is mean, but not for long.

• Like 1

hey man i appreciate the good cop approach lol i needed that.

i really do plan to leave her alone till i get her healthy. i was being a dumbshit, and i come from a 4stroke streetbike that required minimum maintance. i knew banshees come with the alpha omega complex. running strong, but not for long. just my way to some it up. (compared to 4strokes in respect.) i traded for it with the wrenching and learning in the deal. i want to know it inside and out. eventually ill be there. thanks again

That's entirely false. I haven't touched my bike or my girlfriends in over a year. Add gas and go. Both are ported and built beyond stock.
  • Like 1