first quad. problem rights away.

yzf2yfz

2000 banshee. All mods in sig. Expect for one. The guy said the top of the cylinder s is not stock? He was really confusing and didn't know as much as id hope. Then again he hadnt rode it in years. He lived out west and moved to wisc didnt ride it.

It was idling good at his house, when we got to my house it started, slowly started idling higher then died. Carbs overflowing and pet lock dripping.

I let it settle and started it and rode it through the gears once I had my gear. It is so fucking fast. All was good. I park it. And start it once more before I left an hour later. Started. No overflow. Turn head lights on, dies. Didnt start again. But I left right away so maybe it flooded again idfk.

I like it. But I am disappointed its fucky right off the bat.

Ill get a pic up once I can, cant access my gallery when trying to choose file.

Word phelps. Were cleaning the carbs tomorrow. Petcock.can fuck off for a few months Im sure? Jetting I could see considering the atlitude change and length of storage. Will it damage the internals at all to ride a bit with said issues? Assuming just the jets need adjustments.

Bad mojo saying your Pet Cock can fuck off. It's all part of a system. At least clean the bitch, and clean tank out while you're at it.

As to jetting, I've seen mention of melting down on a dyno trying one size smaller, and that's only a ten second pull.

Maybe list all your mods, temp, elev, and current jetting, someone will let you know if you are close, or where you should start.

I listed mods in my making profile thought it would show up as signature.

Shaved fenders

Dual inline k&n filters

V force 3 reeds

Toomey t5 pipes

And domes I think? He doesn't remember it was years ago he said his Mechanics were friends and really helped him mod it out without meSsing with internals too much.

Im in Wisconsin. Bike ran great in az before he stored and winterized. Said new stator and ignition.

He couldn't tell me much about the jetting. They took care of all that out west for him.

Edited by yzf2yfz

Thanks all. So to clarify, he had a mechanic run through everything and replace any parts that needed. Last fall.

It started right up this morning. Im thinking the floats got shaken when we dropped it off the truck bed. Still might clean em next weekend. The plugs are new. Only thing is the petcock still drips s bit. Im thinking ill get a fat oring and that'll be that. And fyi I think it was running 100% when I ripped on it. Fuel isnt old either.

You need to stop running the bike and fix the jetting.

You will need to go up 2-3 main jet sizes due to elevation.

Matter of fact, pull the carbs apart and tell us what jets are in it.

It should need 27.5 pilots and I'm guessing 270-290 main jet.

Ill be honest jetting to me is a foreign language. I dont understand it as well as you experienced guys. It seems to be rumning rich. I dont know how to how adjust let alone measure jetting. I ran it today maube 20miles worth. Seemed to run strong. It likes wot more than idling. I noticed having the throttle pressed a bit really helped it start when it was already a bit warm. I need guidance my fellas