first quad. problem rights away.

yzf2yfz

See, it's people like you that will give Banshees a bad rap. Don't know or care to learn about Banshees or two strokes in general.

Given advice, doesn't follow it.

You need to search and read up on leak-down tests, plug chop, just generally look at threads in the jetting section. You will learn tons about the subject. When a new thread comes up about jetting, follow it. Learn the process, see how the thread evolves.

In the jetting forum, read the sticky thread "What jets are you running" You may find a set-up simular to yours. Just know that no two machines are identical and may need slightly different jetting. Only you can determine what is right for your setup.

Also google search spark plugs, piston wash, and melted pistons.

BTW, a 2s always runs great just before they blow up. Lean is mean, but not for long.

man, lol youre late on the ass chewing... i already rode those miles before i read any answers. then i asked questions based on the experience.... i have no desire to even kick it over till i diagnose the jetting and figure my carbs out! thanks for your reply. good day

edit: all i can do now is pray i didnt do any inreversable damage to the quad. just know im not trying to "be one of those guys!"

Edited by yzf2yfz

i started thinking too, since its obviously running lean, i feel so stupid in retrospect. it has mods to increase air flow like a mofo. on top of lean jetting. and i was trying to feel it out (first day i got it,) i didnt really ride it long. ran between 10-20 miles. i feel dumb. so no one else has to belittle me haha.... i didnt know better i should have done more homework before hand.

no man i havent had time i got the replies too late in the weekend. it was parked at my parents, i brought it to my apt yesterday. i work  50hr weeks this time of the year. weekends are my only free time.

Well if you atleast take those off youll start the process you only need a philips screwdrive for most of the carb take out

sweet thanks for the heads up, i tend to overthink things, so just that simple tip means alot. thanks. ill post as soon as i can provide some info related to the jetting, it should have a number on the components in the carbs? ill try to post pics as well since you all seem to be interested/invovled.

That's entirely false. I haven't touched my bike or my girlfriends in over a year. Add gas and go. Both are ported and built beyond stock.

i simply ment the ratio of maintance between 4stroke to 2stroke withitn respect to time/mileage. thats all....i am aware it doesnt require constant maintance if taken care of appropriately. 

i must have given a terrible first impression...smh

Edited by yzf2yfz

alright well i took the carbs off with help from sheester_98. checked the jetting. 270 mains, 25 pilot. they were clean but cleaned them up best i could still. going to put them back on and i cant get the slide to drop. the needles appear to be dropping into the jets. cant get the slide down. had to take a break and jump on here i was getting frustrated. any help would be appreciated thanks
edit: i noticed they are mikuni carbs too

Edited by yzf2yfz

i finally figured it out. might have put them in backwards, but im done with today. i got everything put back together up intil simply putting the main fuel line back into the inline filter, snaps in the T fuel line going to the carbs, im just done with today. smh at old ass lines.

this is my end result. i cant tell if they are backwards or if the idle screws need to be adjusted. ive tried reading up on it but no luck. ill post another at half throttle. thanks guys. again my main jet is 270 and pilot 25. the guy was running 2200asl more than where im located.