Check these pictures of ported cylinders

Some peoples drag ports are other peoples cleanups. Im sure they will run fine. But when you pay for something specific you are suppossed to get that. Sorry to say bud, but your first problem is going to herrjuggs for a drag port on a cub for 300 bones. If I had 300 id add another 100 or so and send it to 1 of 2 guys I know for a fact what im getting.

• Like 1

I've seen pics of other ported HJR Cubs that were "Drag Ported", and they were way way more detailed then what you got there. I see a couple tweaks, but nothing major. Those cubs really don't need much, but yours IMO barely look cleaned up for the most part. Transfers appear untouched.... Don't worry about knife edging all the intake stuff.

• Like 1

There are def more of u out there, not many speak up. 90% of places will hand you s cub back just the way you got it back . I have had a dozen or more customers in your exact shoes . IMO the 300 you pay to port a cub is also a safety net for a builder if your nikasil chips during porting. There is def more to be had out of that cylinder but I don't think u got ripped off either. Keep in mind I'm not an hjr fan . Unless you degree it with suggested gaskets you don't really know if he touched anything and his idea of a drag port is prob diffrent than something I would run on the pavement. . You also can't compare it to stock cylinder porting due to the risk factor

I got more noticeable porting / shaping on my 10 cub cyls that are mainly a clean up for the most part then those lol....

and here we go again!.. tyler jumping the band wagon.... bashing customer all while customer is still right on how poorly those cyls where "finished"

I dont get why, you damn well know HJR has a turn around of about 50% happy and 50% pissed off consumers lately...

Might not always be about looks... but when spending hard earned cash on something I do expect a well done clean job! its not like HJR is know to do any kind of "funky looking port work that "works" most of the time its clean smooth and looks like your avg port job visually

DsFzmr7.png

Coming from the guy who can't keep a motor together for more than a week. Hilarious.

Aside from two guys in this thread, none of you have a fucking clue how to build/port/set up a motor but you can tell by pics if it's good or not? Haha. Right.