Time to start my build thread

Found some cracks this morning. d749396cca5a0c870873a21f55ddf8bc.jpg682e57dd0eb46c684c9519c22b31a4f2.jpg

Going to repair it for now; the plan is to send it off to powder coat at the end of the season, as long as I don't find that it's badly bent. If that becomes the case, I will be looking for an A arm frame and switch routes.

Sent from my Toy Hauler at Glamis

those LED lights should run off the stock stator with ease.  o fix dimming at idle switch to a newer flywheel.  the older one werent as strong and didnt produce as much power for the lights.. 

Found some cracks this morning. d749396cca5a0c870873a21f55ddf8bc.jpg682e57dd0eb46c684c9519c22b31a4f2.jpg

Going to repair it for now; the plan is to send it off to powder coat at the end of the season, as long as I don't find that it's badly bent. If that becomes the case, I will be looking for an A arm frame and switch routes.

I'm redoing mine, I had the frame blasted and found cracks easily once it was stripped...

those LED lights should run off the stock stator with ease. o fix dimming at idle switch to a newer flywheel. the older one werent as strong and didnt produce as much power for the lights..

is that so? I have never heard that.

my buddy has those same lights running of a regular Atv battery independent no stator and just charges before every glamis trip and last more than he needs it to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How well do they work? I have only tested one light out and not really at night, so I can't tell TBH. 

Gravel, as requested I'm letting you know that in my garage, at night, with all lights off, these lights are pretty damn bright, even on 12VAC. Very happy with the $40 spent.

On another note, I found this for sale on craigslist:

00d0d_9IWCRG6e14K_600x450.jpg 

Opinions? I have total access to a very very good welder. The guy wants $40 for it. Just toying with the idea.

Gravel, as requested I'm letting you know that in my garage, at night, with all lights off, these lights are pretty damn bright, even on 12VAC. Very happy with the $40 spent.

On another note, I found this for sale on craigslist:

00d0d_9IWCRG6e14K_600x450.jpg

Opinions? I have total access to a very very good welder. The guy wants $40 for it. Just toying with the idea.

a very very good welder or a guy who can weld very very good?

Deadbeat, he welded and wrote procedures for welding F/A-18 structures for 30+ years so I believe he is quite proficient.

Thanks gusto!

Got my new tank and rad shroud in today. acec6bedeb69ff427cbf594880b7bfec.jpg

Everything from here on out should be pretty much elbow grease. I have a wedding coming up and need to save some money for that. Should I just dump her?