runaway! airleak?

RKJLOW

well, i pulled my carbs to rejet for a riding trip coming up but them all back together idling nicely got the carbs synced up at idle, was trying  hold the throttle at 1/4 to sync the slides up next thing i know the damn thing is SCREAMING when i put the tool up to the carb... Hit the kill switch notta. hit the master notta so i panic and choke it out with my hands.... So the only thing i can think of is a air leak. Did a leakdown today (this was friday) it failed the first one but passed the second and third so i think i just had a leak on the connection to the pump i was using, squirt bottle showed no leaks around the manifold. the slides where not hung up when this happened...

Yes the slides are in right (cutout to airbox) no they where not hung up both click down nicely and and it was idling just beautifully before, things i changed are i used new hose-clamps on the intake boots, re-jetted the main  turned out the air-screws a extra half turn im STUMPED. did notice some weather cracking when i was inspecting the boots ( pushed on it slightly some weather cracking shows) will be ordering new intakes before i start it again just as a precaution im just not sure why it still is holding 6psi for at least 14 min 

Any ideas?

Prior to this just put 3 gallons of gas in her, pulled the bowls everything looks operational IE floats move near as i can tell and are adjusted into spec. another thing i remember changing is i replaced the choke line between the carbs however it wasnt as tight as the previous line that was on there.... maybe thats a issue? i did some reading it just seems like if thats missing it makes it run like crap except up top 

If it still passes a leak down, it's a fuel issue. Check floats, needle & seat , petcock, fuel line, carb tops, etc.

Also check stupid stuff like throttle cable ends not seating properly.

It has a twist throttle hopefully if the guy pulls through i will trade a thumber for my twist then ill be sure to go over that extra good when i get it back together

does anybody know where to get those rubber washers that sit in the carb tops?