Who does triple exhaust on stock cyl?

fbt551

Its VERY difficult in a regular stock cylinder - one that has been sleeved and has enough room to go 68mm is the only practical way I've seen it done.

Myself I have experimented with trips on stock cylinders, not alot of meat there without a bigger sleeve. I wont offer it because of this reason.

Triple exhaust ports only shine most in full drag applications and there are tons of builders making WICKED power out of stock cylinders without them.

you can put triples in oem sleeves. did a set for myself at 64.5. to duplicate them for someone else they would be looking at a G minimum and honestly not even sure i would do another set regardless of price. it aint bad when your doing it for yourself and can go at your own pace but having someone breathing down your neck wanting their parts yesterday aint my idea of fun. your better off with cubs for numerous reasons. unless you got a bunch of money falling out of your ass and simply just want something different that hardly nobody else has. maybe theres a few shops that would do it but i doubt it would be cheap. then again most shops might not want the headache either.

you can put triples in oem sleeves. did a set for myself at 64.5. to duplicate them for someone else they would be looking at a G minimum and honestly not even sure i would do another set regardless of price. it aint bad when your doing it for yourself and can go at your own pace but having someone breathing down your neck wanting their parts yesterday aint my idea of fun. your better off with cubs for numerous reasons. unless you got a bunch of money falling out of your ass and simply just want something different that hardly nobody else has. maybe theres a few shops that would do it but i doubt it would be cheap. then again most shops might not want the headache either.

Haha, that's exactley what everyone I know that has done them has said.

Its VERY difficult in a regular stock cylinder - one that has been sleeved and has enough room to go 68mm is the only practical way I've seen it done.

Myself I have experimented with trips on stock cylinders, not alot of meat there without a bigger sleeve. I wont offer it because of this reason.

Triple exhaust ports only shine most in full drag applications and there are tons of builders making WICKED power out of stock cylinders without them.

I remember when the Cub cylinder was as exotic as a Big ol DMX. They were out there but not in droves like today. You would go to the track and only see one or two out of 20 bikes with a cub. The only bikes that were running them down were Triple Port set ups. Shit that was back when guys like RDZ, GRR and Dan Hull were making a GOOD name. Kind of miss those days. I had a lot more extra money to blow on banshees then.

Fuuuuuuuuuck that. As others have said, not worth the time and money if you're paying someone to do it. After doing mine, I'll never do another set. Without welding, there is no way you can get another port of any size in there. The alum on the outside of the sleeve was only 3/16" thick at most before I welded. I ended up damn near giving away my triple ported stockers away to a friend as no one here wanted them for $350. Just buy the athenas or wampus cub/servals and crinkle powerdercoat them, then hit some mud. No one will be able to tell. 

• Like 1