4mil cranks

anybody have direct experience with the +4 wsm forged crank from tdr or the vitos +4 ? not concearned about the case bearings or rods as ill pull it apart and use my own rods and case bearings. just wondering if the webs and center pin on either of these cranks are good. crankworks is saying $1000 for their billet +4 webs so im looking for a cheaper option that would still hold up

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont see why you would take a new crank apart. Vitos and wsm are good, even the wang crank webs are good, but rods are crap. I have a hotrods 4 mil crank with a bent rod if you want one to rebuild yourself or to use the webs.

I dont see why you would take a new crank apart. I have a hotrods 4 mil crank with a bent rod

thats why im taking a new one apart. got some different rods and bearings that i want to install. last thing i need is a rod letting go and destroying everything. do you know if the center pin on the wsm have a key or some other locating device to keep both webs in phase ?

anybody have direct experience with the +4 wsm forged crank from tdr or the vitos +4 ? not concearned about the case bearings or rods as ill pull it apart and use my own rods and case bearings. just wondering if the webs and center pin on either of these cranks are good. crankworks is saying $1000 for their billet +4 webs so im looking for a cheaper option that would still hold up

Reinventing the fucking wheel.... FFS

fuck hotrods. you guys can use that shit if you want but im gonna use better stuff. just in the last 2 weeks i seen 2 hotrods cranks with broke rods. look around here. probly 50 bent, broke, destroyed hotrods. maybe the new gold rods are better than the junk grey taiwan rods. or maybe not. i could care less. never liked hotrods and im not gonna use their products. if you have pertinat info to the original question then post it. otherwise STFU

fuck hotrods. you guys can use that shit if you want but im gonna use better stuff. just in the last 2 weeks i seen 2 hotrods cranks with broke rods. look around here. probly 50 bent, broke, destroyed hotrods. maybe the new gold rods are better than the junk grey taiwan rods. or maybe not. i could care less. never liked hotrods and im not gonna use their products. if you have pertinat info to the original question then post it. otherwise STFU

Until you can produce a Banshee based motor in excess of 130-140hp why don't you STFU? Mmmmkay?

what part of 'im not gonna use hotrods stuff' dont you understand ?

I understand all of it.

I also understand you're an idiot if you think you need anything "stronger " than that on a 4mm build. Typical under educated know it all.

There's a very informative writeup on here from TDR you might want to read.

Carry on bud. Btw, care to reveal yourself yet?

so what do you use? Since we are clearly using subpar parts that 99% of builders recommend I'd love to know what a master builder of you caliber is using.

if people werent such douchbags i would be happy to let you know. i ask a simple question and everyone jumps my ass because i dont use the same parts that joe blow builder and all his customers use. i dont give a shit about joe blow builder and his 5000hp engine

If you're looking to go that route you might as well just get a cheap wang crank. Or a used Weisco or HotRods for dirt cheap. The HotRods stuff for dirtbikes seems to have a very grim past so I get your reluctance to pony up for a HotRods on your first banshee. However, as stated above the banshee cranks from them are holding up to pretty stellar output. Since you plan on changing the weak link and the used hot rods are abundant it would be the cheapest route yet still give you a solid core.

As far as the Vito's cranks, you would be nuts to buy their new style to take it apart. The rods on them are quite stout. They do have a neato key set up as well. Really surprised they aren't selling the frigg out of them.