Dependable motor?

I really want to avoid running the spacer plate if possible. It just seems like a leak waiting to happen.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Always laugh at this ^^. If you can't seal two gaskets, what makes you think you can do one? If you throw the spacer on the floor and walk on it for a week, ya, it will leak.

Depending on port timings, they may or may not be able to re-port

If it didn't make a noticeable difference, do you think as many would be doing it?

More than likely if it's a dune port from Kevin you will not be able to fix the transf timing without decking the cylinders. Let me guess your bike revs great screams but never seems to go anywhere. Very common my advise is sell those the way they are and start over with virgin ports, IMO it's hard to report those cylinders to effectively pull gear . I have seen many hjr motors come through like this. They look great but don't go anywhere

Not exactly what i meant. But you got your point across. When i asked about the power gains, i wasnt asking if going to a 4mil would be better than a stock stroke. I meant is is going to be worth running stock ported cylinders. Id like to run the stock cylinders for a few more years but i definitly dont want to spend money on rebuilding the top end if its not even going to compare to a cub.

More than likely if it's a dune port from Kevin you will not be able to fix the transf timing without decking the cylinders. Let me guess your bike revs great screams but never seems to go anywhere. Very common my advise is sell those the way they are and start over with virgin ports, IMO it's hard to report those cylinders to effectively pull gear . I have seen many hjr motors come through like this. They look great but don't go anywhere

It actually runs good for what it is. Its turning giant tires and high gearing and im also not the smallest person ever.

What was the main issue with these motors?

70-75 is what Cam was estimating mine would be at with T5s, 4mil, his dune port, and custom domes.  Am I missing something or does no other HJR engine make those numbers?  My second option would have been HJR or FAST, so I'm curious now.

70-75 is what Cam was estimating mine would be at with T5s, 4mil, his dune port, and custom domes. Am I missing something or does no other HJR engine make those numbers? My second option would have been HJR or FAST, so I'm curious now.

Wait for it........................

It just seems like a leak waiting to happen.

not gonna say if you should or shouldnt use a spacer. thats your call but from my experience with them on various engines, the chance of a leak is very low, probly near zero, if all the mating surfaces are flat. never tried it with dry gaskets though so i cant speak for the results of that. always used some kind of sealer

I emailed Redline Racing about a 10mil super serval equiped with every bell and wistle that I wanted them to build from scratch. He gave me quote for about 5500. I emailed him asking how long it would take to build this, but I have not received a response. I want to prepare my chassis before I get the engine. Does anyone have an idea on how long this would take them to build? I'm assuming 2 weeks.