dont ever do this

I will play along RU. What reason do you have for wanting to run the 513 piston with the 115 rod?

I remember back in the mid 90's yamaha decided to run a longer rod and a spacer plate on the 250's. If I remember right it helped the powerband quite a bit.

hey bro there was never any talk of me using a 513 on 4mil 115rod. i merely asked if anyone had tried it but everyone immediatly said its a horibble idea and to use 795 instead. it was pretty much a free for all after that. does the 513 really suck or does everyone just use the 795 out of convenience ? so far it seems the 795 is nothing more than convenience.

Kinda the same reason that trains & semi trucks haul goods across the country instead of fleets of Toyota Yaris's... they are what works.

its easy to say something doesnt work. its another matter to explain why it doesnt work

we know why a yaris isnt used for cargo transport

Edited by registered user

RU, when you get a motor together send it to a builder. I'll send one from someone that built mine. Dyno them.

You choose the neutral party.

You choose strokeXbore

You choose pipes

You choose fuel

You choose intake

You choose carbs

You can pick hp or tq build. You can set all the perimeters just set a time.

Until you prove something at some point, keep your condescending comments to yourself. Your just a guy that has a good memory. All you do is repeat shit. You haven't showed once you magic piston and rod combos and spacers. You just say how it can be done but never showed yourself doing it. Any asshole can type a theory. And that's all you did/are.

• Like 1

burke like i said, its easy to say something is a bad idea. its another matter to explain why.

alot of people tend to follow what everyone else does, whether its right or wrong, because they dont know any better

if you look back to the pic i showed of the divider shapes, i said that i thought the V was a bad idea but i went on to explain a reason WHY i thought it was a bad idea. i have no 100% proof of my idea but i am very certain of what happens with a V shape

so far all we have is a bunch of people saying the 513 is a bad idea.........

I think the big thing is not running a spacer plate. It more that the spacer plate creates two mating surfaces that could lead to an air leak then one surface.

^ that is true, but there is more.

When guys first started stroking these things you had the readily available Weisco 513 for banshee cylinders, so they would just do the ol spacer plate to get the cylinder up so it did not clash with the head. This was obviously the standard in engine building for decades as the aftermarket cylinder thing was only then coming to life.

Now that there were tons of 110 rod 4mm strokers out there but common issues starts appearing. Oval as fuck bores were showing up every where. So fellas started using 115 rods but as that's just way to much to move the cylinder and ports, they had to find another piston to physically allow it. Simple solution, the blaster pistons. Weisco was already producing them in droves and there were shops all over stocking them.

Eventually Weisco met the demand for a banshee specific Long rod piston with the 795. With the readily available parts, ACTUAL builders began testing combos. At that point, guys were tired of melting motors due to base leaks and also many people weren't a fan of putting the ports up higher. Sure it was ok on older stuff that would love more duration, but the banshee already was flirting with higher timings for a recreational bike. So giving away the low end by using a plate was had to swallow. That's why old bolt on strokers were such dogs. Any low end gained with the stroke is tossed by moving the ports up on a plate.

By then cool heads were common as all hell, so builders were messing with more dome ideas since they didn't have to do a new head every time. To boot, with old milled heads cutting step in them wasn't always the best idea if it had been milled. It meant coolant leaks if you were really making the juice. So fellas started just leaving the cyl where it was intended to be, and cutting step in domes.

Just trends in motor building and part availability. That's all. See Why yet RU?

Edited by trickedcarbine

so far all we have is a bunch of people saying the 513 is a bad idea.........

So were clear, you can with a 110 rod. Definitely not on a 115 rod.

513 and 110 rod intended to be OE deck height.

513 and 110 rod with 4mm stroker and correct spacer intended for OE deck.

Using the 513 on any thing longer is just pushing it. There is no way you can cut that much in to a head and keep it alive. I certainly don't think you would consider 5mm of base shim.

Edited by trickedcarbine