dont ever do this

No need to have done anything at all before you begin to wrap your head around theory. .

Although I agree with this...I DISAGREE with speaking in absolutes ( as registered user does) when he/she dosen't have any direct experience with said topic.

Also I disagree with talking down to and or belittling people who HAVE done more than he/ she has done on said topic. ( banshees)

• Like 1

Amen. We have enough assholes on here. Can't we all just get along? I also find it funny though that this dude is a genius at internal combustion 2 strokes but in other threads might as well be asking how to adjust his chain. Mechanical shit is mechanical shit. If you can't figure out the ABCs don't be on here preaching about one little tiny aspect you think you know so much about. Makes you look like a tard to all the rest of us "dummies".

we arent comparing cylinders. only the divider. calvin could have used any shape but he knew a traditional V like the pics i shown is no good.

is there any youtube vids of these impressive engines with no intake work ?

Look around for Rudy Kurtz stuff. He is one of the first big names that really put the squeeze on the banshee platform. When you see his cylinders, it makes you wonder how he got the power he did, because the intakes never really got opened up much if any at all.

Look around for Rudy Kurtz stuff. He is one of the first big names that really put the squeeze on the banshee platform. When you see his cylinders, it makes you wonder how he got the power he did, because the intakes never really got opened up much if any at all.

My buddy has a 370 LR Rudy Kurtz motor. That thing is right next to my 4 mil. Only way I beat him is I out motor him on a long run

Although I agree with this...I DISAGREE with speaking in absolutes ( as registered user does) when he/she dosen't have any direct experience with said topic.

My vote is to give respect to the sake of the topic (RU, you aren't helping by screwing with Zilla).

That's what this is directed towards.  Registered User, don't think that I'm ganging up on you, but they're right.  You have some knowledge floating around, but you convey it in a commanding way.  It would be much more beneficial to your end (and potentially ours and everyone else's) if you'd remain open minded.  Take what you know and use it to uncover what you don't know.  Very few things are factual when you talk about port shapes.

That's what this is directed towards. Registered User, don't think that I'm ganging up on you, but they're right. You have some knowledge floating around, but you convey it in a commanding way. It would be much more beneficial to your end (and potentially ours and everyone else's) if you'd remain open minded. Take what you know and use it to uncover what you don't know. Very few things are factual when you talk about port shapes.

I like this guy. It's engne theory and anger management at once.

My deal is this registered user...you come on here calling people "parts changers" and saying things like "don't ever do this" (knife edge) ... but you can't even wrap your head around why a certain piston pin height is preferred?

You dwell on minor stuff ( whether an intake port has a knife edge or not...which isn't going to make any HP difference one way or the other btw) but can't comprehend which piston and rod combo has been proven to work for years? ...which btw, has proven to be dependable and been part of engine packages that produce in excess of 120+ hp. ...but good lord!!!.. Don't dare put a point on that intake bridge! FFS.

You strike me as someone who THINKS he knows more than everyone else on here ( who btw, have ACTUALLY OWNED and BUILT many fast banshees), when you have yet to do so yourself. Seems odd to me.

knife edge ? its a V shaped snowplow. the pic should be perfectly clear what happens. interprit it how ever you want. say the intake meens nothing, dont make a shit bit of difference to me. almost forgot you never bothered to say anything more about them badd ass stockers with untouched intakes. must be a secret i guess

prefered piston height hmm, this could be just out of convenience for the end user. making the pin location any other height than +5mm would require more parts. extra gaskets, spacers, pipes with different mount locations etc etc. whether you want to believe it or not most people that own these machines are parts changers, adding complexity with parts that arent plug and play probly isnt a good thing. so keep it simple whether the engine performs better or not. since theres alot of folks around here that have been there and done that with these engines, surely somebody would have some results of a 513 in a 4mil 115 rod engine ?

i asked about your test cylinders regarding the divider. you ignored the question. if you did infact do any test specifically regarding dividers (which i highly doubt), then i would be curious how the test was done. stock cylinders ? was anything else changed besides divider shape or length or width ? seat of the pants or dyno or some other method ? i dont expect pics as i dont believe there ever was a test but its all cool.

You have some knowledge floating around

sorry i dont recall seeing it. im curious to read all about it if you can point me in the right direction. then again i havent dug into many of the older threads. perhaps thats where it is ?

Very few things are factual when you talk about port shapes.

theres plenty of absolute fact regarding window and tunell shape. if there werent we wouldnt have anything better than what we seen in 1985

knife edge ? its a V shaped snowplow. the pic should be perfectly clear what happens. interprit it how ever you want. say the intake meens nothing, dont make a shit bit of difference to me. almost forgot you never bothered to say anything more about them badd ass stockers with untouched intakes. must be a secret i guess

prefered piston height hmm, this could be just out of convenience for the end user. making the pin location any other height than +5mm would require more parts. extra gaskets, spacers, pipes with different mount locations etc etc. whether you want to believe it or not most people that own these machines are parts changers, adding complexity with parts that arent plug and play probly isnt a good thing. so keep it simple whether the engine performs better or not. since theres alot of folks around here that have been there and done that with these engines, surely somebody would have some results of a 513 in a 4mil 115 rod engine ?

i asked about your test cylinders regarding the divider. you ignored the question. if you did infact do any test specifically regarding dividers (which i highly doubt), then i would be curious how the test was done. stock cylinders ? was anything else changed besides divider shape or length or width ? seat of the pants or dyno or some other method ? i dont expect pics as i dont believe there ever was a test but its all cool.

Haha! Nice try. If you think for a second that'd I'd share a scrap of good info with you..you must have bumped your head. Not even a picture. I know your game...but you're not getting any free tuition from me. Especially since you act like you're a know-it -all...and everyone else is just a parts changer.

I know your type, ,you gain a little knowledge, then think you know it all. But have no real world experience (banshees in this case). I met several of your kind on MacDizzys website back when it was free .. Rick was like that too btw...could talk all the lingo..but never could let a fast bike do the talking.