dont ever do this

simple.

the more exhaust pressure is bled off the faster the transfer charge can enter the cylinder..  the port height to an extent can dictate where in the rpm range the most power will be made.  also shape can help "shape" the power output.  either long an broad  or short and pipey.  of course on a fixed port there is pretty much "it goes this way and thats it" kinda things going on in there. 

the ole square port was sapposed to bleed off lots of exhaust pressure ( making power) faster and can produce big numbers on a dyno compared to an oval port in the same setup.  BUT they can shred rings due to the excessive amount of hang the ring experiences . AND usually bog like mad men due to the pretty much nonexistant time of the flame front to exert pressure on the piston making power. most square port crap was in the 200-209* range that i had seen.  way to high for pretty much any motor except super light rider on extra light frame running alky/nitro mix..  the more rounded the port is the less chance or ring snagging, and longer lifespan the motor can have.  cylinder bore and port shape also dictate how wide the port can be.  but of course this is only one very small thing to consider in the overall plan of the cylinders port layout.  triple exhaust and powervalves can make all kinds of wonderfull things happen in the cylinder.   

camatv you think the down south hillbillies are just now catching up to what everyone else was doing in the '90s ? seems that way by all the homeboy port jobs on ebay

the quality of work def seems to be regional somewhat, competition encourages better builders to keep pushing

It's regional because there's nowhere to ride down here.  The market is nonexistent.  Halls motorsports has had the same 450R for over 2 years on the floor.  Nobody races or rides fast, only jacked up and LED covered with speakers on back.

On a slightly unrelate topic, the fastest 3ci hot saw builder in the world lives in Jackson Alabama.  6 consecutive Stihl Timbersports championships.  He knows how to build a 2-stroke. 

It's regional because there's nowhere to ride down here. The market is nonexistent. Halls motorsports has had the same 450R for over 2 years on the floor. Nobody races or rides fast, only jacked up and LED covered with speakers on back.

On a slightly unrelate topic, the fastest 3ci hot saw builder in the world lives in Jackson Alabama. 6 consecutive Stihl Timbersports championships. He knows how to build a 2-stroke.

821ca191d98206cd94d166d7eed94dd5.jpg

Stihl..... Pshh. Should see what I can do to a bag of cotton with this monster!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have my own thoughts how wide it can be without any problem but enough about that. im certain the V shape acts like a snowplow and forces the air somewhat toward the outside walls. thus decreasing the affective area of the window. thats another reason im not a fan of the steeply slanted roof to the window.  on the rounder shape air can pass over it without being forced outward

_90_zps709a77c1.jpg

_91_zpsa5a67c04.jpg

do you have any pics of you test cylinders ? im not arguing there would be a huge difference either way but if you go to the trouble of grinding the whole cylinder then it doesnt make sense in my mind to put a V on the divider, unless the porting shop is just following everybody else because he doesnt know any better. its no secret how air flows over objects so theres plenty of evidence which way is better. theoretically it should give more power. i have no plans to test the V shape because i already know its not the better way. and like i said the cross sectional area of the window when it enters the bore is decreased with steep angles leading into the window. we see the same thing with the boost port and its steep angle. often times its as large as the side transfers but because of its angle the cross sectional area is not as great