2 stroke VS 4 stroke

camatv

you hit the nail on the head on the ltr

I always wondered why they stopped production on the LTR. They were a popular bike. Did they ban the 450 dirtbike? Yea that YFZ450R looks like it would be badass to ride. You want the ultimate MX/trail bike build a long travel 370R Sphynx, built rite they will make 80hp. Dude on the R forum think his name is Burns or something he MX's one. Badass

Yep, people tend to forget about the amount of Two Stroke sleds still produced. Pretty damn clean burning machines to boot. It's a bummer the injection craze wasn't 5-10 years earlier. It probably would of meant more manufacturer dollars being invested and maybe we would still be getting two stroke bikes/quads from the Japanese manufacturers. It's not like there isn't a demand. Imagine if there were 450 chassis from the typical manufacturers with injected two stroke 300cc+ options? They would be selling. I'd imagine it would be more of the recreational crowd though. On that note, do you fellas feel there are more bikes purchased by recreational riders, or actual racers?

I had 2 four strokes, 2009 ltz 400 and 2009 ltr 450, I was tired of gettin Roosted and blasted by my 2 friends on banshees so I had enough and bought one and now I'm up front in the pack kicking ass. Simple as that, 2 strokes are the best. Cheap to maintain, easy to find parts, wicked fast, and last but not least the nastiest sound ever!

Unless somebody spends  a shit ton of money developing a modern bike that actually handles and has an injected 2 stroke they are history.

alot of stuff we never hear about but you can be sure the developing has been going on for quit some time from several manufacturers

http://www.enduro21.com/index.php/component/k2/item/2210-first-look-–-sherco’s-300-se-r-fuel-injection

Edited by registered user

As a guy who lived through those years something I could never ever comprehend is why Honda, kawi and Zuki quit making their two stroke quads and Yamaha carried on for so long with the banshee, not even upgrading it really. You figure Honda must have known they created what's most likely the greatest racing quad in history and quit after four years. They still command big money. All these bikes now command more of a price thAn a new 4stroke used. What that says to me, and what that has always said is that they're is still people out there that want and prefer 2strokes. Why in the hell can't Japan figure this out. BRP is the leader with their sled and outboard technology and now KTM is cornering the enduro market with their stuff. The technology is there already!

alot of stuff we never hear about but you can be sure the developing has been going on for quit some time from several manufacturers

http://www.enduro21.com/index.php/component/k2/item/2210-first-look-–-sherco’s-300-se-r-fuel-injection

I was kind of taking a 4 wheeler point of view on the issue. im sure there is all kinds of trick shit out there. If yamaha put an injected 2 stroke in the YFZR frame they would sell the shit out of them.  Bottom line you arent getting away from injection if you want it to succeed.  The OP was complaining about having to use an ohm meter to diagnose and work on it.  You may as well get over that, computers are here to stay and are better than dumb carbs period.  Look what injection has done to the V8 world.  Everybody and their mother has a turbocharged injected street car with 4 digit HP now.  Never happened 20 years ago

Yep, people tend to forget about the amount of Two Stroke sleds still produced. Pretty damn clean burning machines to boot. It's a bummer the injection craze wasn't 5-10 years earlier. It probably would of meant more manufacturer dollars being invested and maybe we would still be getting two stroke bikes/quads from the Japanese manufacturers. It's not like there isn't a demand. Imagine if there were 450 chassis from the typical manufacturers with injected two stroke 300cc+ options? They would be selling. I'd imagine it would be more of the recreational crowd though. On that note, do you fellas feel there are more bikes purchased by recreational riders, or actual racers?

Recreational by far.  Racing gets the exposure and may drive the recreational demand to some degree, but look at the number of 4 strokes and SXS in the sand piles we call dunes.  No way there are that many racers out there

Problem is the side by side market has killed the quad market

This for sure

• Like 1