The reason Grand River Racing does not give out dyno sheets.

O.G.

I'm going to give a few reasons why I don't give out dyno sheets and why I don't like to talk about hp numbers much.

Reason 1. Dyno results do not win races. It is a tuning tool only.

Reason 2. I'll use the most common scenario. Customer 1 wants a bad ass 4mm setup. He says no limit. I build it. I dyno it. I tune it. I change it. I dyno again. Tune, build. Dyno. Get the point right? Lets say it makes 120hp. This thing rocks. He gets the bill. 9,000. He pays me. He's happy as all shit. Customer 2 hears about this 120hp 4mm and ask me to build it. I say 9,000. He says he doesent have that much but to build one anyway. I build what I can for 4,000. He dynos his setup at joe blows and calls me and is all pissed he only has 95 hp out of his 4mm. I try to explain to him that his 4000. Engine is not the same as the 9000. Engine. He's to fucking retarded to understand that his engine has different porting, different heads, different carbs, different ignition, different pipes. And no dyno tuning. It is not the same. He's pissed and talks shit and goes somewhere else.

Reason 3. You wouldn't believe the numbers anyway because it is not a Dynojet.

Reason 4. Many times my numbers come in lower than an inertia Dynojet. My guess is because the other dynos have inflated numbers or the engine loading changes the torque. The numbers are really not comparable unless you run another brake dyno with the same loading technique. But nobody really cares about how or why, they just think about that number. 100hp on my dyno will run over 120 on a wheel dyno, at the track.

So somebody explain to me how this would be any different than me calling up Gm or ford and asking for a crate engine. Most that I've ever seen are labeled by cubic inch and hp and tq output aren't they? Is there a section in summit that says "You don't need to know those numbers cuz they don't win races". I guess if I call up and say I need a fast motor they say we got one for ya and ship it out. Done deal.

• Like 1

So somebody explain to me how this would be any different than me calling up Gm or ford and asking for a crate engine. Most that I've ever seen are labeled by cubic inch and hp and tq output aren't they? Is there a section in summit that says "You don't need to know those numbers cuz they don't win races". I guess if I call up and say I need a fast motor they say we got one for ya and ship it out. Done deal.

That's it if your claiming to be the best I think you should prove it. 1000$ port job needs something to back it.

At least providing a dyno sheet would show the power curve.

No all banshee owners are as ignorant as you portray them. Some look more for power curves than peak numbers.

Found this on RDZ website lol

2244e71695f5e5dd40e2c9b2a7d931f7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk