Ground Up Build

kenyounot

I'm an environmental engineer. Well If i bought used from eBay i'd do a standard rebuild. And I didn't want to start with a roller or complete bike, I would've torn it down anyways and knowing me would've replaced everything on it. Figured I start fresh.

It'll potentially cost you more going that route,as the high dollar items are not part of a "standard " rebuild.

You've been warned. Do what you will.

I'm also with Deadbeat on this, but you sound set in your ways and that's fine, it's just gonna cost a hell of a lot more.

I would get yourself an engine off kijiji for s few hundred and send it to a builder and build a 4mil stock cylinder bike with SLP pipes. You'll be close to a serval and be saving cash.

Suspension, I would take advantage of the elka special and get some fireball, laeger, or lonestar LT arms through atv Galaxy.

What's going to cost me that much money? My first problem was the actual availability of banshees in my area, sure there are some but they are either pieces of trash or look like clown drag mobiles(no offense to anyone who is into that sort of riding) and they cost around 2500 for anything even remotely appealing. Most bikes that have any work it seems are all geared towards drag. I honestly just became frustrated trying to find the perfect one so I said fuck it and decided to start from scratch. Realistically running the numbers its only going to be a couple grand more give or take if I bought a new. Plus I just think it would be cool to say I build the whole thing myself lol

Deadbeat I downloaded the manual for the banshee, and I also have other quads including a blaster so for the most part I could use that as a reference. I could rebuild the engine myself but I'm kindve leaning towards someone else taking care of it. Who knows maybe if I find a decent used stock engine I'll just ride it for awhile until it's time for a rebuild and do the engine upgrades then. So many options my brain is fried lol 

It's the little pain in the ass stuff that you don't think about that costs money like brakes, electrical, rotors, hubs, hoses, levers etc. and the thing I like about the donor bike is that you send the engine away to your preferred builder and you know what you got. Buying something off ebay or whatever is a crap shoot.

Nothing wrong with ground up build, I have just found it more cost effective the other way

Yeah I see what you mean, but as far as buying a used motor off eBay, as long as it ran and had no case damage what would I have to lose, I'd buy a stocker off ebay maybe use it until it died and then send it out. As far as the little stuff I'm, finding it easier to just buy the whole assemblies used(the little stuff)

I would look no further than the sweet ass bike in the for sale section. Long travel to boot. Take that new job of yours and get a loan. That bikes just complete and half price!

Ithe motors I'm seeing on eBay are all over 2k for what your looking for. I got a blown engine off ebay and built it for 1400 through redline. That's the way to do it.

Yeah I see what you mean, but as far as buying a used motor off eBay, as long as it ran and had no case damage what would I have to lose, I'd buy a stocker off ebay maybe use it until it died and then send it out. As far as the little stuff I'm, finding it easier to just buy the whole assemblies used(the little stuff)

Go for it. Bet it'll work out great.

Problem with a lot of eBay sellers is they are clueless as far a banshee motors. They may THINK it's good...but wouldn't it make sense to buy from someone on here that actually knows these motors well?

Deadbeat I downloaded the manual for the banshee, and I also have other quads including a blaster so for the most part I could use that as a reference. I could rebuild the engine myself but I'm kindve leaning towards someone else taking care of it. Who knows maybe if I find a decent used stock engine I'll just ride it for awhile until it's time for a rebuild and do the engine upgrades then. So many options my brain is fried lol 

fair enough ;)  

Speaking of that blaster any little gadgets I can swap off of that to the banshee anything universal? Don't flame just asking.

And okay getting alot of flak on buying a used engine off eBay, I'll just buy the cases and build one. Engione wont be for atleast 2 months anyways, builing a roller first. I really appreciate thr suggestions and advice im just one of those people that once I have an idea in my head I have to see it through. I'm young money will come and go.

Edited by kenyounot