Ground Up Build

kenyounot

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the way i see it.

1 you will spend way more then you think

2 you most likely will not finish

3 it will have issues due to lack of experience guiding the build, that's if it gets finished.

Just some facts i've picked up along the way. Buy some good parts though,i love a part out sale ad.

I just finished a ground up build starting with a frame for a yfz450 and I have about $5500 not counting the motor  and I purchased more used then new parts so I can see you having way more then that into it.

You also mentioned only buying the frame and harness used, well there is a lot more parts you will need to buy used because you can not purchase them new.

And why buy a new swinger for probably $900 when you can get a good used one for $200- $500

Hello, sorry for not being on recently been busy with work. Update is a arms spindles hubs and shocks are going on today. Idk why I'm getting all this negative feedback. First of all it will be completed. Once I get something in my head I wont give up until I see it through. Second, where are you getting those prices on a swing arm. I just ordered a +4 round carrier style for 250 new.

Also need help, while installing the a arms the top a arm looks like it has a lot of space. Am I missing a space of some sort? I'll post a pic in a couple.

Edited by kenyounot