Do you have to repack toomey t5s?

I luckily have a cycle gear in town and will grab a bag usually every visit. It's like 10 bucks fmf brand. Toomey uses a snap ring. If they are old and a negligent owner had them, the cores can be rotted and broken. If they are order new ones. Packing is a seasonal thing. Cheap and always noticeable in a good way.

Mine had a snap ring I ordered new packing and a new core straight from toomey it was pretty reasonabley priced and cut to size. Or the fly racing packing seems like good stuff

http://www.toomey.com/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=14&Itemid=3&vmcchk=1&Itemid=3

R13 (pink stuff) is fine. Two to three nice tight wraps around and use electric tape on it to keep it fluffed evenly. The grey/brown Owens Corning stuff is stock in the shearers. But to be honest the older Glassier stuff is bitchin. I actually keep chunks of it when I demo homes that have it from the 50's-60's. I just re did my shearers in Rock Wool.(fire retardant insulation) it was a bitch but I figured out a way to just make a tube out of a large rectangular chunk. Just drilled the center out with a 24" auger drill bit that I had. Sounds pretty nice but for the effort I hope it lasts.