Trinity racing parts

jtaylor

Has it ever occurred to you that maybe it's yourself struggling with the bikes and service not the builder?

Yes. I always have given the benefit of the doubt to the big name with a reputation.

But unlike most, I also don't assume the masses are right.

I was told a 400 Cheetah kit was going to make 105 HP......Then told 115HP......then Harry built a 472 and it made 93. (Well actually it made more than 78HP for a whole 500 RPM)

But as usual, people get so fired up about trying to prove me wrong that the facts get pushed away.

My motors have been on a variety of dynos from the Driveline Performance dyno to Mat Shearers.

I state that my Redline motor was on 5 different dynos and had 3 different people trying for the best tune and in the end were all within one tenth of a HP at 97. But you all wanna blame my tune?OK.

My new motor makes 130+/70+. The builder exceeded his promise. (That's still using in-frames) I make OVER 100 HP for more than 3000RPM! I make OVER 60 TQ for more than 3000 RPM! THAT is a strong curve. Even with 2 degrees backed out and the PJ's wide open it's still at 129/69 so......the tune is fine. Now it's about chassis.

As for Harry......see he landed on his feet like all cats.

i personally really like the trinity banshee intakes, and they also made a nice billet stator timing plate as well as a few other nicer items.  but in all reality with so much other stuff out there  i haven't bought anything from them directly for years.  i can see that a shop would want to concentrate on sxs stuff right now.  as far as the offroad world its the BBD ( Bigger Better Deal)

and my lil 4 mill 485 seemed to run just fine at ls hq.  i'm pretty sure it had more than 96 hp..  but maybe not...?  i guess i'm tired of hearing how crappy that particular motor is when to me they seem to do just fine.   i'm sure if redline took one and would take the same amount of time on it as some of the other motors they post up in dyno section, it would result in a very stout motor

I do agree I like the cheetah motors as well I have rode 485cc vs the closest 4mil was a 421 cub and my 543cc cheetah vs a 465 cub both cubs ported for a more usable power with better bottom and I prefer the cheetah hands down but yes they were bigger motors.

I'm a fat guy and a drag port with me on it don't go well for my riding.

Trinity has always seemed ok to me misleading definitely but I hate to see them go at the same time but it sounds like there still in business just a different name.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Trinity Racing did sell to Extreme Line but Harry only sold his pipes and the razr billet cylinders to them. He will still continue to be a distributor for CP Industries. He still will continue to sell all of our products just like he always has. His new Company is Mcdermitt Racing. So anything you need like o-rings, pistons, or cylinders, etc. you will still be able to get from them.

FACK! Still has the lock on something he shouldn't.

In other news, Windy. You can now send your motors to out newest site sponsor McDermott Racing! Hah!

Same comments from the same people.

Harry tuned and shipped tge 472 Cheetah. Sent me the sheets saying 93. But it was only a short hiccup of power before it was back in the mid 70's.

So....all the happy Cheetah PV people should also remember tgat fir about 2-3 years, 10millmike was telling me how bad ass his 10 mill cheetah was. I was solidly predicting LESS THAN 99 HP.

He would insist his was fast and tell me just because I had a bad experience, doesn't mean all cheetahs are junk. BUT.....he finally hit a dyno and found out what I knew all along. 97 HP!!!

Then he got the whole thing redone and made...114 with Q16? He went right back to telling me how strong his shit is. Well that same builder made....112 with a 7 mill cub on 110.

I was never swinging from Cams nuts. I spoke well of him him the first year even though the motor only made 97HP. Once I realized that the issue was the motor itself, I fell quiet and stopped recommending him. I just moved on. (Hell, he's still listed in my signature!)

So......lets recap.

Harry builds and dynos a 472 cheetah and gets 93HP...... (For those that can't process facts on their own, that CAN'T = A tuning problem on my part)

Cameron builds a 10 mill cub and on 5 different dynos with 3 differnt tuners it's best was 97 HP.

But keep on thinking I'm the problem if it makes you feel better.

I'm not even saying anyone else's stuff is bad. Just saying mine clearly was. Plus unlike most, I have a dyno as a measuring stick so I KNOW what I have and don't have. As some have posted, my stuff ran strong even with only 97 HP.

But none of tgat fits the mold that I'm being shoved into.......

Yep