What the ultimate drag motor to build

Overall set-up is the key & you don't need a DM to it. A well sorted out cub will do it with a stock frame, even on race gas.

Here's a few clues to what is needed; somewhere around a 1.30 60', 3.80s in 330' & lower overall bike/rider weight. While Tedder & I have put down some great times at well over 200 lbs. me being 230+. My best 1/8

times came when I weighed 180 lbs.

• Like 1

ZillaFreak first that is Tommy's bike at the track I run all the time. That is a 200 hp turbo 4mil. They can not get that bike to hook. It has ran a 5.30 at 121 at Barona. Now. Like Bryan said you do not need a Dm to get into the high 5's. You can do on a stock frame with a light weight rider. But is all about set up. Clutch, tires, gearing. That other bike you see in the video is a 421 with a small shot of nos on race gas. Runs a 6.1 at 104. And the rider is 225lb.

It's been in the 5's before. If you run faster then a 6.38 you need a NHRA license. The problem with that bike it it has a hard time hooking. Tommy made new 13" rims and had custom tires made for him. But they have not been back since that trip.