Crank weld wore off need help

Bipolarbanshee

I really cant believe some of you would say that the case would not wear the weld or wear the crank down. Shit I have torn more than one motor apart that this has happened to. Usually it is because the crank was coming apart I have never taken one apart that the clips were left out of it. But yes the cases will wear the weld and the webs on the crank it does happen!!

Are these questions just a wolf in sheep's clothes? It appears that the common response now is that it is definitely your fault and experience always wins. People make mistakes and it causes the consumer to be pissed. Bipolar has every right to say that Tysons screwed up. Tyson refuses to fix the situation because it means money out of his pocket.

It appears that anyone can be a builder nowadays, the recipe is as such.

Yes I can do that, it cost xxxx.xx, send it and I will have it done in xx days.

Xx days pass and still no product. Product finally gets sent back to consumer and then it shits the bed. Builder says not my fault, it's performance parts, eat shit!

In theory all you have to do is deliver A product that kinda resembles what what discussed. Wrong dome design, not my problem. Shitty crank pin welds, not my problem. Shitty port work, not my problem.

But hey I know how to fix it, send me more money and then I will probably get it right this time at your expense.

• Like 6

Ive had one time where brad didnt answer the phone. Some people have been having issues with him but everytime i call it seems to me he drops everything. Had one hiccup when i called about tie rods, but he did tell me a length and my extra yfz 450 tierods fit. Im agreeing with the guys about the case rubbing the weld, that wouldnt likely happen. Plus a guy building these motors like him will most likely not forget to little clips as i have a hard enough time trying to get mine off the main bearing in every motor i have touched

It's all business early on, but later in the day there's fellas just hanging out and work becomes very casually executed. Trust me, lots of distractions going on there. It's totally possible that those clips were out of sight and out of mind if this motor went together in the loosey glossy hours.

Nobody has mentioned the cracked web at the pin hole. Here's the way I see it. Maybe the bearing retainers were left out. A better pic of the snap ring grooves in the top and bottom case would prove that. If the crank moved that far and a full or half snap ring of any kind was in there, the grooves would be all wallowed out. So, the looseness of the pin is because the web is cracked. The penetration of the weld is probably still there, but it's cracked through the middle of the weld because the web is cracked and the pin is no longer a press fit. The weld is not enough to hold things in place without the press fit of the pin. Did the web rubbing on the case create enough heat to crack the web? Maybe. I have no knowledge or affiliation with Brad, but if I were him, I would tell you to fuck off too for bringing this out in public without talking to him first.

I agree. And how hard is it to snap a pic. If you would have called brad and say hey this crank might have spread instead of being an absolutely dick hole he probably would have helped you out. If it spread and broke the clip then it should be in the gear oil. Same with that situation. Call him and he would be willing to work with you I have no doubt. But you being a dick hole ruined your chances with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slow down, you're not reading any of his posts. Yes he tried to contact Brad and said he was unwilling to help, and now he is no longer communicating. This is one of the common traits with almost any case where people are having issues with Brad. It seems the second people ask him to make things right you just get sent to voicemail. So to make this post, does NOT make him a dick! You said if the clip failed it would be in the gear oil? Dude, you do realize the crank case and gearbox are totally seperate right?

Are these questions just a wolf in sheep's clothes? It appears that the common response now is that it is definitely your fault and experience always wins. People make mistakes and it causes the consumer to be pissed. Bipolar has every right to say that Tysons screwed up. Tyson refuses to fix the situation because it means money out of his pocket.

It appears that anyone can be a builder nowadays, the recipe is as such.

Yes I can do that, it cost xxxx.xx, send it and I will have it done in xx days.

Xx days pass and still no product. Product finally gets sent back to consumer and then it shits the bed. Builder says not my fault, it's performance parts, eat shit!

In theory all you have to do is deliver A product that kinda resembles what what discussed. Wrong dome design, not my problem. Shitty crank pin welds, not my problem. Shitty port work, not my problem.

But hey I know how to fix it, send me more money and then I will probably get it right this time at your expense.

^^^ Real talk right there.

The bigger the name....the more they walk on water in people's eyes.

Goliath is always right and it's always David's fault.

If the little guy ever manages to prove tge builder failed......everyone says "Hey everyone makes mistakes right?" And chocks it up as a lone issue.

Till a bunch of people step in that same bear trap.

Look at Passion. Years of cheerleaders. Till his porting loses 10HP in dyno testing and he falls off the grid for the better part of year.

But those early complainers were told to lighten up....he's busy....try emails...try text...try PM...try this other number....he's a good guy....blah blah blah....your a dick for being mad....the good guys are busy.....you gotta wait for quality....I called a week ago and he always answers for me....strong motors....worth the wait.

Everyone kills the messenger.

• Like 1