Crank weld wore off need help

Bipolarbanshee

i have read through the comments, seen the pic's and watched the video's. there was never a clip. aluminum grinding down a weld is absolutely possible.  i have used a upper and lower clip in every motor i have ever built. overkill? yeah probably, but why pull more on one side (bottom) than the other? anyone that thinks this is fishy is crazy. clear cut... tyson got side tracked and simply forgot the clip. to me this falls under workmanship and should replace any and everything affected.

Well the shaft is what the gear is physically fixed to with out being dependent on a pin and weld. So if that happened to pull hard enough it could of fucked the weld bad enough to shove the clutch side toward the stator. All the while the weld on the stator was not exposed to any grinding contact so it held the stator side on the shaft the way it should be, letting it's inner web grind against the case as the helical gears tugged it toward the clutch.

I'm betting that once that thing is measured by someone non biased, the right side is tweaked well toward the center.

Edited by trickedcarbine

that would be the trans shaft my friend. Do you know much about these engines? That's definetly not the crank

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he was pointing out in that pic that you can see both sets of run marks. Someone said it wasn't visible.

At least I think that's where he was going with it.

Not everyone is your enemy.

I think he was pointing out in that pic that you can see both sets of run marks. Someone said it wasn't visible.

At least I think that's where he was going with it.

Not everyone is your enemy.

oh okay, I didn't know. But Tyson did a great job on my trans and port work but he fucked up on the clips and doesn't want to man up to it. I contacted him today and told him could he fix it or replace it since it was his mistake and he simply said " I got some people here, I'm busy I'll call you after 5pm" then he hung up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk