Crank weld wore off need help

Bipolarbanshee

I understand what your saying here ^^^

I'm wondering how firm if a grasp you have on how flat out STUPID some "customers" are.

They screw stuff up and then automatically point the finger. ..then they won't listen to people's suggestions. ..even when they're the one who asked.

You've read some of the retarded questions and answers to questions asked of the OP.

Maybe Tyson messed up, it's possible. But after seeing the sentence structure, reading comprehension, and general communication skills of the current breed of banshee owners...my 1st guess is customer screwed it up.

For the record, ,, I'm NOT saying that's definitely the case here.... .I'm talking about the majority of the time.

Nobody has mentioned the cracked web at the pin hole. Here's the way I see it. Maybe the bearing retainers were left out. A better pic of the snap ring grooves in the top and bottom case would prove that. If the crank moved that far and a full or half snap ring of any kind was in there, the grooves would be all wallowed out. So, the looseness of the pin is because the web is cracked. The penetration of the weld is probably still there, but it's cracked through the middle of the weld because the web is cracked and the pin is no longer a press fit. The weld is not enough to hold things in place without the press fit of the pin. Did the web rubbing on the case create enough heat to crack the web? Maybe. I have no knowledge or affiliation with Brad, but if I were him, I would tell you to fuck off too for bringing this out in public without talking to him first.

Why is nobody reading the part where he talked to Brad and was told that Brad was sure he put the clips in and now that it's torn down he gets no response to any form of communication? Why is every body so quick to say that this is impossible? Look at that thing in the video. That thing is totally being tugged over by the helical gears.

OP, before I keep going out of my way to stick up for ya. Would it be possible to get pictures of the groove in the bearing where the clip would ride.?

• Like 1

Agreed. Trust me I get your point about the general public.

But as usual.....the guys intellect gets questioned first......then he has to post pics......then everyone guesses at all the ways it could be the owners fault. Everyone with a negative experience has to walk the gauntlet before being taken seriously.

But YES.....Blame can fall on either party depending on the situation. But the little guy is always shouted down initially.

Once a pattern is seen and accepted......then the next victim is called a fool for not researching first.

They get zero sympathy because they didn't know about the bear trap. LOL

My web is not cracked, there was no retainers placed inside my engine what so ever, the grooves look perfect and there isn't half a retainer in the top or bottom so that means if it was placed in and it had broke they would be there but they aren't. In the video you can clearly see no clips were placed and the stock gears pulled the crank through. If you ever wondered why they make straight cut gears it's for this type of reason. They don't pull on the crank like stock gears. I've contacted tyson and he said to buy a new crank and that it would be best. He was stuck on how he put the clips in but if he did wouldn't there be even a little piece somewhere ? Yes. But there isn't. He just doesn't want to admit that he forgot some little simple retainers and make his name look bad. Now when I call or text him I get no reply. I have an iPhone and so does he so when I text him he "reads" my text but never replies. I have every right to be pissed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking back, I guess it was only 24 minutes from the time he posted til he mentioned the communication probs. Still, he would have had way more credibility if he would have mentioned the communication probs and posted pics in the very 1st post. Yeah, he doesn't have to prove anything to us. It's not our problem, but he's the one that let the cat out of the bag.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

You get bitched at for asking, then you get bitched at for not asking, then you just get bitched at for just being involved at all. Knowing what I know about motors coming out of there........ This is not a surprise. Kinda makes me an idiot for praising him for getting my buddy's trans redone. But then again I was just stoked to get something within a reasonable time frame. Although now that I think of it. If the trans was done right, it wouldn't of needed to be redone. Just sayin.

I think it's fucked up that every one is so quick to say this guy should be told to fuck off. He called and was told oh well. The. He tore it down to prove what was going on and now gets no response.

I'm sure in a day or so, some guys from the Tyson camp will chime in and give support and say that Brad is a stand up fella and all that. But the fact is, Brad is taking on WAY MORE then one guy with his shop should. Unfortunately, this is the type of shit that happens when you're in that situation. When you're behind schedule before you even open the door and turn the lights on, you are creating a catastrophe. You get in the rush and little mistakes start to surface.

^^^ Real talk right there.

The bigger the name....the more they walk on water in people's eyes.

Goliath is always right and it's always David's fault.

If the little guy ever manages to prove tge builder failed......everyone says "Hey everyone makes mistakes right?" And chocks it up as a lone issue.

Till a bunch of people step in that same bear trap.

Look at Passion. Years of cheerleaders. Till his porting loses 10HP in dyno testing and he falls off the grid for the better part of year.

But those early complainers were told to lighten up....he's busy....try emails...try text...try PM...try this other number....he's a good guy....blah blah blah....your a dick for being mad....the good guys are busy.....you gotta wait for quality....I called a week ago and he always answers for me....strong motors....worth the wait.

Everyone kills the messenger.

You're living proof of exactly what you're describing here. If this thread was titled "Shearer pipe welds cracked," what would you be saying?

You wouldn't be saying shit, because we all know you're a double standard having fraud. What about all these guys who had pipes crack and get the run around from Shearer? Anything to say to that?

You're so fucking fraudulent it's not even funny. You're the exact type of guy who can't get his motor to run right and other's (Frank) and then automatically blame the builder without ever calling and talking with them.. Next thing you know you're at another shop slamming the builder of the motor. Sound familiar?

Take your fucking fraudulent ass on out of this post because you're the poster child for fucking shit up and blaming someone else!

But YES.....Blame can fall on either party depending on the situation. But the little guy is always shouted down initially.

Once a pattern is seen and accepted......then the next victim is called a fool for not researching first.

They get zero sympathy because they didn't know about the bear trap. LOL

Wow, this is SO true..

You had a motor that you couldn't get to run right, despite countless others having the same motor with no issues.

THEN you seemingly can't get another motor to run right, from the same builder, who has a countless number of those motors out there.

YOU'RE RIGHT.. We see a pattern forming.

Why is everyone saying I'm at fault here? I didn't take it apart and put it back together without the retainers I just tore it down because I noticed a problem and I found it and Tyson was the last one inside this engine so how is it my fault? Why am I wrong to be mad at Tyson? It was his mistake not mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk