Houser Silcast A-arms

Rage_kage

I've been tossing around a idea in my head for a couple days. I'm attempting to make my banshee into a xc setup. I'm looking for a lot of travel since its rocky rough terrain where I ride. So what I'm asking is does anyone know where I could get a-arms that offer like 10.5" worth of wheel travel? Or should I start hacking at my $950 a-arms?

I have the fireball +3+1 long travel arms with 19 1/4 inch elka stage 3 shocks. I haven't measured the actual travel but from fully extended to fully compressed is huge. If you need more travel then what these provide, you need to look into custom frames or a totally different quad

I am confused as to what exactly you are asking. If ground clearance is your #1 priority then the best way to achieve it is to run 23" front tires and 22" rear tires. You aren't going to achieve much more ground clearance running a long travel front end compared to standard travel, it shouldn't change much at all. You still have to set your sag correctly because no matter what kind of riding you do, the shocks being setup correctly is 10X more important than getting an extra 1/4" of ground clearance. 

If you ride rocky terrain, get bigger tires and full skid plates.

In a nutshell I'm looking for stability and travel. I'm just wondering if the 450 conversion is something dependable or would I be better off selling and getting the correct a-arms?

Dave, how many harescramble/gncc races have you raced? I have raced harescrambles in district 6 over the last 20 year's. District 6 is eastern pa where it is actually very tight trails. I'm not out riding fireroads at all.

I did just measure my front end. I have 3/2 offset rims and I'm right at 50 1/2 inches. I switch to 4/1 rims and I'm at 48 1/2. Yes, a little wide for super tight trails but I do race mx also. So I'm not too worried about it.

For reference to what you said about pros running +1 arms, a stock yfz450x is sitting at 46.5" with +1 arms that's sitting the quad at 48.5"