Houser Silcast A-arms

Rage_kage

Dude, really? Just because it's "local" harescrambles doesn't mean we "ride" at the local tracks. I race, and race hard man. I have been invited to race around the country just didn't have the money to do it. And are trails are far from wide. I'm sure my trails are just as tight if not tighter then in nc

I wanted long travel arms and shocks for a better mx setup. I don't race hardcore like I use to to be totally honest. If I was sticking strictly to racing harescrambles I probably would have just done +2+1 arms and standard travel shocks. But like I said, I wanted a better mx setup. I don't have the money to build two quads so I have to build something for the best of both types of racing.

I will agree with you, if he is riding extremely tight trails he should stick to a narrower stance but then he will be limited with wheel travel. He said he waned long travel so I posted what I'm running.

Well here is something else you will give me shit about I'm sure. I like to run a 15 tooth front with a 40 tooth rear! Lol. Its all preference man. I like you Dave. I know you are a Damn good rider and I'm sure I couldn't hang with you on a mx track.

I will vouch +3 being not the best route for GNCC IF you are being serious about it... if you want to do a bit of all around and not just focus on GNCC id do the +3 with offset rims to get it back to 48"

Are you sure that +3 arms with 4-1 wheels = 48" ? That sounds more like 50" to me. Then with 3/2 wheels wouldn't you be at 52"?

On my Laeger chassis I have the equivalent of +2" arms from OEM width with 4-1 wheels and I measure 48".

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Look for the build thread from lifted T4R. His bike was bitchin. Unfortunately there aren't any companies readily producing high clearance XC arms for a banshee. Most everything is +2 with. So he two options are start fabricating, or pay someone to fabricate. Otherwise you kinda have to deal with a 48" bike. Definitely do long travel regardless for any build though if it's affordable. You can try different off set wheels to get your width to 47. Especially I your shocks are up high with the clearance you'll need for XC.