Cheetah

jriffe23

Well I finally got to ride mine in sand. Although I'm still jetting on it and playing with timing it feels sluggish on the bottom but when it takes off it rips. Feels like it takes a while to get in the band. It's a 535 with CPI Big Bore inframes and 38 PWK's. not sure what the porting #'s are and it don't have the PV's in. I bumped the timing from +4 to +6 and it woke up a little bit. I might take cylinders off and have em checked. I'm wanting more of a Duner that will still run good. Thanks for any advice.

Well I finally got to ride mine in sand. Although I'm still jetting on it and playing with timing it feels sluggish on the bottom but when it takes off it rips. Feels like it takes a while to get in the band. It's a 535 with CPI Big Bore inframes and 38 PWK's. not sure what the porting #'s are and it don't have the PV's in. I bumped the timing from +4 to +6 and it woke up a little bit. I might take cylinders off and have em checked. I'm wanting more of a Duner that will still run good. Thanks for any advice.

who set it up?

I'm gonna try and get it dynod at little Sahara, ok.

I haven't had much time to get the jetting done on it and its

Still pretty rich even with smallish jets in the 34pjs.

Considering going to bigger carbs before the bhq ride.

Before I mention the alternative valves I would like to

Dig out my notes on them so I get the right info the first

Time.

When are you headed to Sahara? I'm in ponca city and we run over a lot. With the PVs in it still has a "power band" feel to it. Just come in very early. Food for thought--My wife drag races with it and we took the PVs out simply for less mess from the oil. She was light enought it didn't affect it.

I bought it from a guy who is affiliated with Cotton Branch Racing. But I had Luke of Luke's Racing engines replaced the override trans with a pro mod and put all new bearings, seals etc in it. As well as new reeds and carbs. Was thinking about trying the PV's in it.

Did you buy Brent Kelly's 535?
  • Like 1

yea that's the one, I forgot his name. I been sitting back reading about the domes, porting and having it setup rite. I might pull cylinders and domes and send to someone. I did a compression test on it and got 168 in each. I just want it rite.

Ok this what I found in old texts. Motor was ported by CP customs. Ex port is 200 and transfers is 130 plus 6 timing. Motor was set up for nos. Motor on alky made 145/86 tq. With 44 lectrons set up by Dennis. Hope that helps you.

Thanks Mike that definitely helps. Has the same domes and Luke put in a base gasket to lower compression cause I wanted to run C12. Anyway of making it more Duner friendly? PV's? I originally was building a Cub, but when I sent my bottom end, cool head, reeds, and intakes to Redline it made it halfway and UPS lost it lmao. I'm only about 2 hours from Brent and bought this Cheetah.