compression guage

ok I bought a compression guage today I first put it on the left side and kicked it on it would go no futher  and it stop around 100 psi on the right side it read almost 120 psi but not quite.. IS that ok or normal??? also I got me a conewity guage and I was trying to see why my new coil was only getting spark on one side and now it not getting it on either side I couldn't get it to lit up anywhere is there is something I am doing wrong I think I may need a cdi box if anyone wants to sell one

Sounds like the topend is wore out

Check to be sure everything is right in electrical system before buying parts. Like Keyswitch and on off switch.

Maybe someone local can let you try a known good cdi to confirm your suspicion. Did you trst the stator as well?

What mods do you have? What is your elevation?  Why did you do the top end in the first place?  Was the ignition problem present before the top end rebuild? 

A bad gauge won't read consistently.  Try the cylinders again.  If they read 120 and 100 a second time, you have a consistent gauge.  Have you broken the top end in yet?  At what point in the life of the current top end did spark become a problem?

It also depends on how the gauge is fitted to the cylinder. If it has hollow threaded on adaptors instead of individual hoses for all the different spark plug types that will affect the reading.  Any volume from the schrader valve in the hose to the tip of the adaptor is added volume to the combustion chamber.