01 Banshee won't stay running/idling

I just recently rebuilt the carbs about a month ago and this started. It starts every time but won't stay running or idling if I don't give it gas. I'll try to upload a video later once I figure out how since it won't upload now.

Sent from my PM23300 using Tapatalk

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, the slides are good. I made sure everything went back where it was suppose to. I'm thinking a jetting issue or possibly rich condition. Its got 27.5 pilots and 230 mains right now. I'm running no lid, k&n filter, pro design cool heads, stock exhausts (which I have FMF fatty's and power core 2s on the way) and roughly 750ft above sea level.

Sent from my PM23300 using Tapatalk

Main sounds lean.

Take everything apart and BE SURE. Usually when people have this issue it always ends up being something stupidly simple and it's over looked because someone can't get over their ego and they are sure it's right.

Check slides, choke tube, caps, tors, park break, air screw, choke orfice, etc.

Do you got a foot clymer manual?

Well, if I could get my video uploaded, I'd be able to show you better but it won't becuase the file is too big. Whenever I adjust the idle screws it acts like it wants to keep running wheter I turn them in or out (they're about 1.5 turns out). The choke tube is connected and looks good, I have a TORS eliminator kit on it, the park break is good too. I'll have to try and take everything apart next day I have off work and go over everything again. I'll double check everyhing that's been suggested.

I don't have a Clymer's manual, I lost mine. I'll have to re-order one. Whenever I first start it, it also revs really high then finally levels out after a few seconds and then it acts like it wants to die, but also keep running at the same time. When I tap the throttle, it kind of has a delay sometimes and other times it doesn't. So I'll have to re-check everything again.