Anyone running a steel clutch basket?

I just wanted to clarify a few things, trying not to come off as a dick here.  4140 (not 41/40) technically is chromoly which is just a term given to some 4000 class steels due to the inclusion of Chromium and molybdenum.  It is not tool steel, but rather a high tensile structural steel.  4000 series steels have a wide range of conditions and each condition will give different structural characteristics.  I am pretty surprised to see one groove out like that though.  Agreed though, corners without a radii is a structural no-no.  However, that does not seem to be the failure point on these baskets.  I am wondering what plate clearance is being used. 

Brandon

Mull Engineering

Nice to see you chime in Brandon   The last picture I posted was of Hinson's first basket that was thrashed in Gary Denton's quad for 3 years.  Just curious,  What is your 2 cent on the pro Vs cons of a heavier clutch basket for a XC / hare scramble Banshee?

Zilla, I didn't design or machine anything. I simply had a clutch basket replicated and machined from a different material to better suit my needs as a trail rider. My affiliation with this basket is the only reason you continue to comment and speculate on this topic rather than looking at the facts that Hinson, Tim, and myself have laid out in front of you.

Who else do you know that's running a custom made A-Arms with 2009+ YFZ-450X Suspension Componets with a set of re-valved/re-sprung X Shocks that are matched to the riders weight and the Banshee??? My YFZX Hybrid Suspension is nothing like the old 04-08 base model YFZ-450 A-Arm/Shock Swap that your comparing it to, I didn't just pull the front end off another quad and modify it in my garage and slap it on the front of my Banshee. It was specificly made and tuned for me and my bike by a professional ATV suspension fabricator/builder. Your once again speculating and coming up with bs theorys on somthing you know absolutly nothing about. I'm sure Tim or any other trail rider/XC racer that's rode or owns a YFZ-450X will tell you that suspension performs excellent in the woods and its a lot better than a lot of (NOT ALL) aftermarket suspension setups on the market today.

Brandon Mull went through this same shit when he developed and released the Billet Water Pump Gear for the Banshee a few years ago. A bunch of know it alls started talking about the additional weight of the aluminum gear robbing power and causing issues, you might have even been one of the ones speculating on that too. Now that hundreds of Banshee's are running the aluminum water pump gear and its proven it's one of those must have mods for reliability.

I misspoke on the case saver. I ment nylon. That was my mistake.

Oh and Nick AKA Zillabitch I'll put my Banshee against yours in any form of riding or racing, your Banshee's not even in the same category. Your not that far away let me know when when your ready and we can meet up and trail ride, drag race, or whatever. I've listened to you dog me and my bike behind a computer key board for the past five years and I'm sick of it! Meet me and run your Banshee against mine and show me you have the bigger, badder, faster Banshee or shut your mouth!

Oh and Nick AKA Zillabitch I'll put my Banshee against yours in any form of riding or racing, your Banshee's not even in the same category. Your not that far away let me know when when your ready and we can meet up and trail ride, drag race, or whatever. I've listened to you dog me and my bike behind a computer key board for the past five years and I'm sick of it! Meet me and run your Banshee against mine and show me you have the bigger, badder, faster Banshee or shut your mouth!

You will whip his azz harder than windy whipped spittinjizz.