kick start won't kick

i have a 2001 banshee bored 40 over, toomet t5 pipes, and vforce 4 reeds. i blew my clutch apart so i went in and repaired that, then i took it for a ride and it start smoking like crazy out of the right exhaust, i was reading on this thing and someone said it was the right crank seal so i tore my motor down and replaced that, cleaned up the whole inside and put it all back together. i took it for a ride on and off for about 2 hours and everything was going fine then i was coming to a stop and the motor made a weird noise like metal to metal and everything shut off then the kick start wouldn't move at all. i know i have to tear the motor down again but i just want an idea on what the problem may be. 

thanks guys. i went and took the motor out because i was for sure it was the tranny and i took off the stator side and one of the screws to hold it on was loose and grounded out the stator. once i tightened that up everything worked fine so i put it back in and added +2 full flight a arms and a +2 tusk axle.