rideable 4 stroke banshee motor with all stock parts.

camatv

so in another thread there has been some discussion about  a ported banshee motor that is in the 44hp range but makes it nice a flat for a rider or mx motor.  another posting in that thread shows a paltry 58mph out of a mx motor..  

i'm just throwing this out there.  

i will say this  i BET i can build a better performing motor using absolutely stock parts..  even pipes.  i am even intrigued by this and would take the time to build one and dyno it  but its going to be a while  i have a lot of other stuff to do.  

anyone want to wager on this deal?  i'm saying i can produce over 48hp with ALL stock components in a fart can style power band..  

i started this thread for you, ddq, sheerider rage cajun and whoever doubts the " skilzz" i poses..  post those graphs in here. so we know what to base these off of.  you dont have to state who built it  dosent matter to me. i'm not wanting to trash anyones work  i'm just starting this as more of a personal challenge to me.  i'm going to look at it this way.  

here are some OLD pipe shoot outs on bone stock motors with just jetting changes.  

http://www.duncanracing.com/misc/3-4WAction_sept95_2.pdf

.  these are completely stock motor.  i rember when this came out way back in the days.   (1995)

and then there are these also.  we ran pro circuit, fmf fatty and SST and PSI pipes back then.  i peronally liked the pc's the best for the overall power and control . 

http://www.angelfire.com/extreme2/yambanshee/techtips/pipes/pipeinfo.html

and then this one that was also in a mag..  we ran PSI pipes and pro circuits at the time. ( mx days) 

• Like 1

I didnt doubt your claims. I just asked if you do this for a living or on the side which you did answer about 5 hours ago. I hated to see you post what/how you did in sheerider's thread. I dont even understand how dyno numbers effect what the rider feels or how fast the bike goes. I'm ignorant to all that stuff. I'm just another hq member that knows only what he reads.

thats why i started a different thread.  didn't want to seem like i was trashing anyone's work ,  i'm not  i'm just thinking i can do something similar with just all stock componets.

the motor is a blown the hell up 87.  i'm sorry but i'm not going to build it to complete stock then tear down and rebuild to what i'm shooting for.

all hard parts will be stock  i will modify the OEM pipes, use modified stock reeds maybe 2 stage boyesens' but no vforce reeds  stock carbs will have an air box .,.  stock crank, billet basket, my modded trans ( ye ha!) 64-66mm stock cylinders and stock head. its just i have been contemplating this motor for a while  my wife wants a lil turd rider bike but i still want her to be able to get around at the dunes and get up some of the smaller hills without having to rip the shit out of the motor.  i have had this build in the back of my mind for a very long time.  just now i think it will be fun to try and accomplish my goals..  and NOT be a "pro" shop so to speak.  i'm just like a lot of the people on this site. have a real job and just play around with these bikes.   i feel if this turns out like i think it can it will be a blast to ride. and if ya come out to HQ ride this year i'd really really like to have it ready.  you can rip it around and give an unbiased opinion on the motor DDQ

also DDQ i know what your looking for in a graph because i have duplicated that flat curve many many times  just not in the last 5 years did i do one AND dyno it for show and tell.  i never really felt the need to.   i will take lots of pics from this build when i start on it.  the graph that zilla showed is a peaker'er graph and your looking for very broad predictable power.  i know its a bitch to try and jump a bike that peaks on a face of a jump and yanks the front end up. 

who the fuck has an all stock banshee dyno run on EVERY dyno post they have?? i have NEVER seen one. hell most dont even have a baseline from a starting point..

in fact  post your "before turbo" set up on the stock motor and the after  because you must have them right?  i mean according to what you just posted the after dyno graphs are completely irrelevant?

i'm just going to document what i do  how i do it and then post up a graph from either JSR performance or from gigots dyno in garden city..  then you all can be butt hurt about it and/or bitch about how its this and that and not relevant to my goals. phhhh  i will ask jsr if he maybe has one from back in the 90's when someone still had an all stock banshee

I learned at Daytona the word stock, after a supersport race the winners Honda was torn down and the AMA rule book stated "OEM pistons up to 1mil over bore" well these pistons he had in this bike which was built by Honda had domes welded up and valve pockets machined in them and 13:1 compression! their argument was they are OEM they are modified is all, you didn't say they had to be untouched and completely stock, so I think he's legal to cut the head, modify the reed cage and stops, bore the carbs modify the stock air box, slot the stator plate, cut the head pipe and port the cylinders with those mods he can see his goals easily