Banshee Help Needed ASAP

If anyone saw my other post i got rid of that banshee because it failed the leakdown and i didnt want to deal with it and it was just annoying with no paperwork. so i got another banshee that needed a top end because i just love everything about them except when they dont work. so now i believe its a 4mil with stock rods because there is 29L on the rods but a spacer plate. 65MM wiseco pistons. Well the problem is my banshee will not idle on both cyls. It only idles on the left cyl. Whenever i blip the throttle the other cyl kicks in. carbs are synced by eye not the tool and it passed the leakdown test. stock carbs jetting 300 mains and 30 pilots with air screws 2 turns out. I believe because of the one cyl problem it is really hard to start too cold and hot. choke tube is in place, the reeds were swapped and plugs and coil wires were swapped and nothing was changed. i have around 125psi in both cyls. Have a big trip tommorow to Trevorton PA if anyone has ever heard of it, and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the time.

Remove the pilot jet in the carb from the cyl that dies, and clean it... I had a similar problem last summer, it was a partially plugged pilot jet...

Agree with Zilla.  Pilot is the first place I would go if you know the carbs are synced decent enough.  Remember there are windows on the side of the stockers to help.  Where people get in trouble is realizing the slides set down on the idle screws.  You really need to back the idle screws all the way out to do it better by eye.  Then you can start it and hold the throttle near the idle position and listen.  If RH drops out, pull the carb.  

Brandon

Mull Engineering

Keep an eye over your shoulder...that place isnt the free for all it used to be...spending 125 dollars on the pass is well worth it if you plan on going there a lot...they have undercovers on rhinos running around from time to time so like I said keep an eye out...oh and just cause it "doesnt look that bad of a hill" dont be superman...be humble and test your bike out on some smaller hills before you go after the big ones...wash outs that look like there 6 Inches deep are actually 2 feet deep once you get up there....as long as your smart youll be able to ride your bike back to truck...im not teying to be father time but I have ridden there for 10 uears and ive seen a lot of bikes get totalled tumbling down those coal banks cause of lack of experience a poor decision making. ..but its an awesome place to ride have fun and be careful...I dont care how many videos you watched theres nothing that replaces sitting at the bottom of those hills and seeing them in person....

• Like 1

I'll be up there next weekend. Been going for 3 years now and I had yet to see state troopers/undercovers on side by sides. Seen them sitting at the parking alot at the bottom bottom but that's it. We camp deep and shoot guns. Never had a problem fingers crossed.

Edited by Derrickc14
  • Like 1

That's right Deadbeat. I'd have you calling me daddy by the end of the weekend girl. Clown^. Mommy gave you money so you can be a big shot member on hq huh... baby bitch she probably still wipes you ass. Go get your milk

• Like 1