case trenching

I think it could be done... Loco ...your way out on this one...jmo . ...who cares if he wants to try it him self ....all he wanted was info ...and if no one want to share the info I understand that also .....it cost $ to figure stuff out .....

Nah, I'm clearly right. Case trenching is pretty cheap. He will have far more time in dicking around with tools not suited for this type of work. On top of that, he risks fucking it all up.

I don't care if he wants to try it. His junk, not mine. But to insinuate the site is going downhill because people suggested he do it right and send it out is absurd.

On top of that he insists this pile of parts will run as good as one put together correctly. That's hilarious.

I love these threads. They serve as a good reminder to others when he posts back in a month or so that he ruined the cases and/or it runs like shit.

Keep me out of the bashing , I hate that shit. I definately would love to see less of it.

The cost of case work isnt just the work. There is also builders that once parts are in their hands can take 3-12 months to do normal stupid jobs like porting cyls , case work etc. There is also the chance that stuff gets damaged in shipping. I hate shipping stuff.

I have trenched many sets of single cyl cases by basically junking a bad stock crank and using the webs with no rod to make a tool to hold a cutting bit and using it very similar to a boreing bar. Is it redneck..hell yeah it is but the work is perfect and cost me nothing other than my time.

I see no reason why it could not be done on twin cases if you either used a crank web or made a tool to fit in some crank bearings and just did one side at a time. I use a lathe but it would be possible to use a hand drill and just cut a couple thousandths at a time.

• Like 1

Keep me out of the bashing , I hate that shit. I definately would love to see less of it.

The cost of case work isnt just the work. There is also builders that once parts are in their hands can take 3-12 months to do normal stupid jobs like porting cyls , case work etc. There is also the chance that stuff gets damaged in shipping. I hate shipping stuff.

I have trenched many sets of single cyl cases by basically junking a bad stock crank and using the webs with no rod to make a tool to hold a cutting bit and using it very similar to a boreing bar. Is it redneck..hell yeah it is but the work is perfect and cost me nothing other than my time.

I see no reason why it could not be done on twin cases if you either used a crank web or made a tool to fit in some crank bearings and just did one side at a time. I use a lathe but it would be possible to use a hand drill and just cut a couple thousandths at a time.

The difference Radar is you know what you are doing. Haha.

You know what to trench and where and how to accomplish it.

The OP didn't even have a clue as to WHERE to even machine...let along how.

Big difference in abilities there.

Sent from a van down by the river

But that's why the OP asked I assume, so people who have done it might comment and be able to offer him assistance on how to do this himself.

If i asked you where the head went on my banshee , then said I'm rebuilding the motor by myself, would you think I'd be up to the task?

I'd say get a clymers and ask questions as you go. That's what websites like this are for, no? Everyone has to start somewhere. Do you think every builder started out knowing exactly what to do, without asking questions

Of course this website is for the exchange of info. That's exactly what he got...the PROPER info that would help him the most. He's obviously in over his head. It's obvious by his question.

I guess you just shouldn't try to help people do the best job they can......

I've rebuilt and modified stuff since I was 8...ive never ran no bigger then a 4 mill shee... First time I've been in this territory but I do all my own stuff so why not try this...if it works I save $250 ..if not I'll buy a used set for a whopper $50 and send it off depending on how bad I messed the first set up

as for my shit mot running as good...i don't claim to be faster....but loco if we both start with a bone stock shee motor un assembled and everything is in spec....ring gaps,squish,compression,timing down to the .001 then other then your jetting vs mine I don't see why you would have some advantage

also...i don't know anyone on this site personally and or lives with in 250 miles...im not friends with any particular body either so all these "cronies" are going off there own experience

but delete the thread if you want could care less...im gonna try this either way

I appreciate the guys that was helpfull

matt

as for my shit mot running as good...i don't claim to be faster....but loco if we both start with a bone stock shee motor un assembled and everything is in spec....ring gaps,squish,compression,timing down to the .001 then other then your jetting vs mine I don't see why you would have some advantage

Who said we would have identical spec motors? That's just dumb. We will never have identical spec motors unless you plan to have Redline build you something.

Sorry, but I don't run pieced together junk.

I've rebuilt and modified stuff since I was 8...ive never ran no bigger then a 4 mill shee... First time I've been in this territory but I do all my own stuff so why not try this...if it works I save $250 ..if not I'll buy a used set for a whopper $50 and send it off depending on how bad I messed the first set up

lol. Good luck bubba.

Edit: who is trenching cases for $250??

• Like 1

Its trench and bore plus shipping

done got the bore size cut out though now

I currently have redline cylinders that I bolted up that I would expect would run just as good as joe smoes or anyones else that has bought the same cylinders and bolted there self....thats all I ever said...why would it not?

I currently have redline cylinders that I bolted up that I would expect would run just as good as joe smoes or anyones else that has bought the same cylinders and bolted there self....thats all I ever said...why would it not?

That makes you an assembler, not a builder. FFS, get a clue.