case trenching

I am all for people doing it them selves. I support small business and back yard mechanics. My motor was ported and assembled by a member here. Bike was tuned by him too. After talking to him I realized he knew wtf he was doing. Between his post here, talking on the phone with him, and seeing other bikes he's built I trust him. But he still sends shit out. There are certain things people just have no business doing, or not the proper tooling.

Thanx to everyone that helped I'll get it done either way....it might not hold up to the A teams standards but will run as good as any other non dyno tuned 10 super un ported

thanks guys

You don't even know which part to trench but it's going to run as good as one built by someone who knows?

I rarely say this but, LOL.

but will run as good as any other non dyno tuned 10 super un ported

How would you know? Seriously.

So what your saying is, your butt dyno is so good you can get the bike jetted, and timed perfectly and get every last bit of power out of it with out ever seeing a graph. You will know if the bike is down 4 hp because maybe you can bump the timing 1-2 degrees. You know the AFR is spot on through the whole curve how? Sucking on the exhaust?

my inbox got flooded with guys pming about how the site ain't what it use to be...and I hate this because I love the site...

It wont change. Just ignore the drama. You are just throwing gas on the fire by saying that. I had many questions about my serval build. i read threads on it, asked questions, made a thread even though there was drama, i got what i wanted. The info here is for free too. So you cant complain about free. Plus when you are willing to talk with a builder and have him do your engine work, it's a great investment. Seldom a gamble.

You can find a good builder like FAST, redline etc and have them help you out. That way you dont have to ask here. If i was a builder, i wouldnt tell anyone how i do engine work because that's how i would pay bills.

It seems paying a shop to do it is a far less risk than messing up some good cases. I think it's only about $75-$100 to trench cases. Work a few hours of over time at work and you are good to go. I work in a machine shop, we have mills, lathes etc. There's no way id give my cases to someone at my work to try to trench them. Ill let an experience banshee builder do it. It may cost more, but i know it will be done right and if not, the error will be made right.

Something that ticks me off is guys like the OP , who start bashing the forum as " going to pot" or whatever term you what to use, because they got told the straight scoop without any suger coating. Then they talk about the free exchange of information not being like it should....well here's a idea... why don't YOU go put YOUR self proclaimed skills to the test and post the data?

Like this : hey guys , in case anyone is wondering, I actually took the time and didn't expect to be spoon fed info, so I measured how much material to remove and where to remove it from, my cases. Here's the specs."

See, it never happens that way with this type of guy. OP wants to be spoon fed info to save a buck. Asks for the info. Other members immediately see that such a basic question shows the OP is in over his head and suggest he let's someone qualified do it so he doesn't screw his stuff up. Instead of heading the advice of the very people he asked, butt - hurt in sues .

The End. :)

Sent from a van down by the river

I just got some trenched. I was gonna do it myself but I just didnt want to take the time to do it. It can be done, but to me its not worth making an error, especially with the wrong tools. So I sent them out. Yes its top and bottom and blended in on the top case. I can get you pics tomorrow if you want. And get you exact dimensions. And have at it.