case trenching

Y'all wonder why this site is going to shit...

i don't think this is that big of a deal i do all my own work and my stuff runs as good as anyone else....

Whoa, hold on now. This site is going to shit? Why? Because people want to see you do it right? Makes sense.

Furthermore, your home built stuff runs just as good as anyone else's? That's an extremely bold claim that I would bet my house on won't hold up.

I'd like to see you back that up. Build an 18DM and let's see if it will hang with our Redline 18DMs at Nationals this year. I assume you're still building a hillclimb bike?

I expect a pretty good show.

Yea...sites getting bad for downers instead of guys just answering the questions

I will prolly never have a dm but yea my small motors run just as good as any others...i mean as far as drag stuff I never been off by a .10 or so to what guys with the same stuff post????

I never said I'm a builder...i don't port my own shit...what I did for guys was no more then clean up....freebies

if I had a 18dm ported by cam I would think with enough time it would be just as good....you was born with the same tools as me why wouldn't mine be as good?

I knew I would get these comments back from reading everyone's other posts lately...

lol

but honestly guys if there was another option I would take it and skip all this junk...i figured ahh hell I just ask the HQ and see if any builders cared to share there trenching techniques...im not asking weather or not I should do this...if I could I would ship it to cam...but unless I sell that duner frame then looks like its up to me to make the first climb on may 10th

I knew I would get these comments back from reading everyone's other posts lately...

lol

but honestly guys if there was another option I would take it and skip all this junk...i figured ahh hell I just ask the HQ and see if any builders cared to share there trenching techniques...im not asking weather or not I should do this...if I could I would ship it to cam...but unless I sell that duner frame then looks like its up to me to make the first climb on may 10th

I give you credit for trying, why not just give a builder a call if you are looking for builder opinion. A google search would also be better then on the forum I'm sure.

ive thought about this, you really need to set up some sort guide system so you dont remove more than you need to, otherwise youre just increasing case volume and thowing away intake charge / horsepower, your 10mm will end up being an 8mm or a 6mm or something lol

maybe not that much of drastic loss if your careful and take your time.

sit your crank in the case with your rod above the split line and measure  how much material is in the way, i think someone on here said some cases will take a 7mm without trenching..

or wait till you got cash and get them machined :lol:

ive thought about this, (so you think?)

(Then why this dumb thought)

sit your crank in the case with your rod above the split line and measure how much material is in the way, i think someone on here said some cases will take a 7mm without trenching..

^ 7mm? No, just No........

ive thought about this, you really need to set up some sort guide system so you dont remove more than you need to, otherwise youre just increasing case volume and thowing away intake charge / horsepower, your 10mm will end up being an 8mm or a 6mm or something lol

maybe not that much of drastic loss if your careful and take your time.

sit your crank in the case with your rod above the split line and measure  how much material is in the way, i think someone on here said some cases will take a 7mm without trenching..

or wait till you got cash and get them machined :lol:

yea....my thoughts exactly

if I take small amounts and keep setting my crank in and out then its very do able

and skeeter thanks for backing up my statements about the site going to shit..

yea....my thoughts exactly

if I take small amounts and keep setting my crank in and out then its very do able

and skeeter thanks for backing up my statements about the site going to shit..

If this site is going to shit it's because of morons like you. That's a fact.

Next time you want help with your half ass hillclimb bike don't PM me. You've been doing the exact opposite of what I say anyway.

ok I did not read all of this.. but you need to do both top and bottom cases, the best way I could see doing this with out a mill and proper cutters would be mark the case where the rod would hit with a marker all the way around both top and bottom.

then take a thin piece of flat stock metal and cut it to  make a gauge or epoxy a 7/64  (.109should get you close but you might want to start smaller)piece of a drill bit to the metal the width you need to trench ..

grind slow till your gauge clears once your all done line your trenched area with masking or electrical take to make up around .02 or so and make sure crank clears with out touching.

fyi you will also need to do a little more work to the area the cylinder sits probably to case the rod will hit here as well

hope this helps.. good luck

I would probably start with a 3/32 drill or step first and give your self some room to make it bigger.  I believe I go .1 or so on the cases but I just cant remember right now its easy math you get my picture here I'm sure just take your time.

• Like 1

If this site is going to shit it's because of morons like you. That's a fact.

Next time you want help with your half ass hillclimb bike don't PM me. You've been doing the exact opposite of what I say anyway.

tyler

this fit him well!1620688_10151999174346559_1763629359_n.j