Gas Coming out Overflow Hose on Tank W/ Billet Cap

mailman

Hey guys,

I don't remember having this problem on my other bikes.  I have a 100+ hp duner with a desert tank and a billet gas cap.  There is no restriction in the cap or in the overflow hose.  This is great for fuel flow to the motor but while duning, I get sprayed with gas sloshing out of the overflow hose.  I know I can put a check ball type restrictor in the overflow hose to prevent this but I don't want to burn up the motor on long hill shoot runs by restricting air flow into the tank.

What have you guys used with success? 

ps.  I did do a few searches but came up short.

What type of hose set up do you have now? Where is the hose routed that its hitting you?

I have a "check-ball" type one way valve for it but I removed it so the fuel could flow better.  I am currently running an open hose right off the cap (about 18 inches long) into the bar clamp.  The fuel sloshing is really bad.  I lost way too much fuel when the tank was full.

Does anyone run a "check ball" one way valve with your bigger motors?  Will it flow enough for a long hill run?