Passion Racing out of business?

bigbossjake

I know machining services can take a while, but when I called to get an estimate on cost and time I was told that I will have the cylinders ported and back to me in less than a month.  That is one of the main reasons I chose passion to do my porting.  I needed the cylinders back by a certain date.  There is a huge drag race in Georgia today, and I am not there because Banshee's aren't very fast without cylinders.

don't set a date until you have something running ...  expecting to be at a race/ride on a certain day without even having your cylinders is not a good idea in the first place

I'm guessing he means that he gave Jim a date that he needed them back by.

And while I try to remain a neutral party, I believe that if you give a builder a certain date you need them by and they say they can do it, that's what I expect to happen.

^^^^^ This.

And Jim has been off the grid with this customer for over a month. So he would have had a month to be ready for the race if Jim spent less time chatting with Colbyand others and more time finishing work he promised.

OP finally hears from Jim and gets promised a new shipment date and just extends the disappointment another week......

I guess its more common sense than most people have to not expect to ride if you don't have a bike running

Are you really this stupid?

Customer calls builder X on September 1 and asks if builder X can have a set of cylinders done by September 15.

Builder X says yes. Time comes and builder X doesn't have them done.

Customer's fault?

I can't change the date of the drag race.  I just wanted to go and race.  He gave me the finish date.  That was weeks ago.  It would take me less than 2 hours to bolt the cylinders up and have it running.  The race date has been set for months.  If you get on BHQ on facebook, you will see the flyers.  Maybe I can have them before the race in March.  I know my banshee isn't together yet, but if its ok with Colby, I am going to make plans to attend.  I guess that means I don't have any common sense.

or better yet, just buy another bike and send it to another builder who you believe will meet your deadline.... really simple

You sir are a moron.

Yes.....that's how things should work. ....send motor out for work and buy another bike to ride for the season while your builder burns hours on the phone sounding so smart to perspective new customers while deadlines are missed by Months.

Here's an idea Mr. Patient Pants....pull your motor and send it to the OP since you're so good at waiting and have so many spare machines.....

• Like 3

What you need to do is get ahold of the attorney general's office in the state he is in. File a claim with them. You will get shit back real fast.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy note 3

Edited by 10milmike