tire mounting problems

Hey just got a pair of kenda gecko plus "21x11-10" and brought them in to be mounted on some DWT's "10x10" anyway brought them to Yamaha to mount them and the cant seat the bead??? They hold air but some of the rim lip is poking out, which is not good does anyone have any advice or tips? Maybe a tube would seat it? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I use brake clean and a lighter to seat all my tires. Spray two spots heavy 180 degrees from one another, then a quick shot around the hole rim ending in a trail off the tire. Then light. Boom. Its seated. In your case id just keep adding air since it sounds like its just not fully seated.

DWT rim lips actually stick out a little bit on alot of tires... especially when your running lower air pressures... typically after i get them mounted (Brake Clean & Lighter) i lay them on the side and put a mixture of dishwashing soap & water on the lip and let it gravity feed to the bead... next day add about 20 pouds of air and they completely seat... release air to your desired pressure. Also... look at what section your posting in before you submit your topic ;)

I didn't handle the inflation but this is really helpful, I did think it was weird that they couldn't seat it all the way, thanks for the advise about brake cleaner I've done it with either on truck tires but was a little leery about a 2 ply tire, lol first time I did it to a truck tire I didn't use blocks under the rubber and used way to much either...long short short when I touched the puppy off the tire hit the roof of the garage lol and as far as using the forum in learning sorry guys not so great at navigating with a computer, but thanks for the tips we'll try more lube and air pressure first.

Single worst sand tire design in the history of sand.

I would run most brands of knobbies before I ran those hole digging geckos.

One guy in our group got some used for his sisters 400EX. I told him they sucked....but for $50 he still bought them.

After he had to help get her unstuck for about tge 6th time, he switched machines with her.

Even he was gettung stuck! I jokingly suggested they would work better installed backwards.

He swapped them and tried it. Still junk. Ended up running her knobbies at 2 PSI and liking them better.

Windy is the biggest asshole on HQ but this advice is spot on. Take them off and throw them in the nearest dumpster. Biggest pieces of shit ever. I would run flat bald knobbies before gheckos. If you are bound and determined to use them unseat them and grease the beads , then add air till they bead. I have added ridiculous and scary amounts of air to atv tires to seat them.

Gee thanks Radar. Happy New Year to you too.

Sounds mean....but people don't listen to bad news effectively if you sugar coat it.

Air them down - soak the beads in tire dress or hairspray - then air them up fast to 30-35. They should seat then. Might not seal perfect depending on the tire and rim.

Then you can run them once or twice and list them on Craigslist and sell them for the value of the rims like everone else does.

Next time feel free to ask site members for tire advice before buying.

How's that for being an asshole? LOL

Grease on a tire bead? That sounds like a good idea. Well on second thought with these tires it really won't matter anyway. Maybe it'll kinda act like traction control when the rims spin inside the tire. It'll keep them from digging holes so bad.

• Like 1